Chapter 2

When morning came, Tommy woke up in his bed. He had sneaked back in after finding the flyer. It was 9 am, he had an hour to convince Phil to sign a blank piece if paper. 

Tommy got out of his room and into the bathroom to get ready. When he came out, he found Wilbur stood in the hallway. "Hey," the brunet greeted, awkwardly. 

"Hey," Tommy replied. 

"So, about yesterday," Wilbur started. 

"I'm sorry," both of them said at the same time.

"What?" Wilbur asked, confused. 

"I'm sorry," Tommy repeated. "I knew you were in a bad mood and continued to disturb you, which was real shitty of me—"

"Wh—Tommy, no, no, you don't have to apologize," Wilbur said. "You didn't do anything wrong. I'm the one who's sorry. I let my temper get to me and took it out on you. That was, that was wrong. I'm sorry. You were just looking out for me and..."

Tommy watched his older brother struggled with his words and decided to be merciful, "It's okay," he said. 

"It's really not," Wilbur said. "What if I make it up to you? We can hang out today an—"

"i can't," Tommy said. "I mean, I'd like to, but I got something to do today with the good ol' Tubster," he let out a dry laugh. 

"Oh, well, maybe another time?" Wilbur asked.

"Yeah," Tommy nodded as he walked passed the older. "Maybe."

When he got downstairs, he saw Techno in the living room, reading. "Hey Tommy," he greeted. "Where were you yesterday?"

"In my room?" Tommy answered.

"Uhuh, are we gonna pretend that that isn't a lie or..." Techno trailed off, closing his book and looking at Tommy, "what are we doin' here?"

Tommy rolled his eyes, "Well, if you must know, Blade, I was out. Doing big man things, getting girls."

"So you were out on a walk?" Techno asked.

Tommy narrowed his eyes at the older, "Fuck you."

"Glad I didn't wake up to a news about a blond 16 year old being held in juvie. A heads up would have been good next time though," Techno yelled after him. 

Tommy rolled his eyes. Yeah, next time he'll warn them when he makes an impulsive decision due to emotions. We'll see how that goes. 

When Tommy found Phil, the old man was out back in the garden tending to some plants. "Hey mate," Phil greeted him. 

"Hey...are you and Wil..." Tommy trailed off. 

Phil sighed, "It's...complicated," he said. "I'm just trying to look out for you guys, you know? I guess I may have been...out a lot, but I'll try being home for more, okay?"

Tommy nodded. "So," he started, changing the subject. "How much will it take you to sign something, no questions asked."

"You can't buy that, Tommy," Phil chuckled. "What did you do this time?"

"I destroyed school property," Tommy answered.

"Holy shit, again?" Phil asked.

"Yeah, the glass was in the way," Tommy said, like that explained anything. Which to be fair, really didn't as there was nothing to explain. This was all part of his elaborate plan.

"Okay? What do I sign and how much do I have to pay for? Also, why?" Phil asked.

"I told you, the glass was in the way," Tommy shrugged. "Anyway, it was just a tiny whole, barely noticeable, so Ms. Clara, the drama teacher—she's really nice—said we don't really have to pay for anything as long as I get a letter with what happened signed by a parent or guardian." Tommy handed the paper to Phil.

"...Tommy, this is empty," Phil said. 

"Yeah, I was gonna write the letter later at Tubbo's gonna copy what he wrote," Tommy said. 

Phil sighed, "Alright," he signed the paper. "Try not to get into any more trouble okay? There's a lot going on at the moment—"

"I won't, don't worry," Tommy said. 

Dream world here he comes. 

At exactly 10 am, Tommy arrived to the venue. There weren't many people but there was a handful for sure. He walked inside the building and to the front desk. He handed the person working there his signed paper and was given a name tag in return. 

Tommy followed the crowd to a huge hall where the scientists would be presenting what they were going to be testing.

"Welcome everyone!" A blond dude appeared on the stage. "My name is Dream WasTaken, and I'm here with my team, George NotFound," he gestured to a guy who was sat by a table near the stage which was filled with medicine bottles. "And Sapnap Halo," he gestured to another guy manning the laptop and projector. 

"Today, we are aiming to convince an amount of you to participate in an experiment of ours," Dream said. "We have basically developed a pill of sorts that will enable the person who takes it to enter their dream world and shape it as you will." The blank screen behind Dream now showed a slide with a large image of a pill and beside it were the ingredients used to create it. 

Dream proceeded to explain what each component did and how it affected the pill. "Rest assured, these pills were tested before hand and will not kill you. They are sure to work. Now you may ask, 'If that's the case, why are we looking for volunteers?' Well, the research we are doing requires feedback. We want to know the different experience of different people who take this pill."

"Now, if you are hesitant, feel free to back out, we're not forcing anyone to participate if you feel uncomfortable with the experiment," Dream said "For those who would still like to participate, please proceed over there." He once again gestured to George who was waving at th people.

Tommy fell in line, and once he was in front, George eyed. "Do you have the parent's consent form?" He asked. 

"Yeah," Tommy said and handed the man the letter. 

George hummed, "This better not be forged, kid," he said before keeping the form in a drawer with the rest of the consent forms. "Now, if you'd sign here," George handed him a pen and paper, which Tommy signed immediately. 

"Here you go," George said handing him a bottle. "One pill will last for a whole 10 hours or less if you happen to wake up earlier than 10 hours. Please come back after a month when the pills are all gone so that you can answer a questionnaire about your experiences with the pill."

"Thank you," Tommy said grabbing the bottle from him. 

He can't wait for tonight.

+++++

Heads up, Dream Team is not an evil group of scientists, yeah? Just thought it would be fun to put Dream Team as the people who made pills that had to do with dreaming.

I hope you enjoyed!

Thank you for reading! Comments and suggestions are appreciated.

-LuminaStarCrest