1: The Audition

"A bit higher to the left!"

"Smile!"

"Perfect!"

The director guided while the flashes of the camera captured her sight.

When they finally signalled her that they had enough material, Jisoo handed the Sprite bottle to her manager and sat down, exhausted.

"Good job." Her manager uncapped a water bottle and put a straw in it before he gave it to Jisoo.

"Just please tell me this is the last ad campaign Haein." Jisoo slightly bit down on the straw as she drank.

"Unfortunately not sweetheart." Haein used a handkerchief and wiped the patch of sweat off Jisoo's forehead.

"I'm sick of promoting clothes and food, it's so boring. I want to audition for a film or a drama already. I want to be a real actress." Jisoo whined.

"Those type of things take time." Haein told her gently.

"You used to be an actor yourself, don't you have some kind of connections?" Jisoo placed the bottle aside and stared at him pleadingly.

"I'm begging you Haein, I just want one chance. And I promise if I fail, I will accept whatever type of job you can find me from then on. I won't be a diva, I'll act well."

Haein locked his gaze with hers. He was almost certain she wasn't ready for that type of spotlight yet, but seeing how determined and serious she looked, reminded him of the time he met her for the first time and how she pleaded for him to be her mentor and teach her acting.

It was the same passionate look and he knew he couldn't turn her down.

So he sighed and nodded his head, making her jump up and give him a tight hug.

"Thank you! I won't let you down! You won't regret betting on me!"

Haein didn't break his promise. He landed Jisoo a job in a drama, she skimmed through the script and the name of the leading actor immediately stuck out to her, making her forget everything else. Maybe he could give her good advice.

But what if she receives hate for landing a big role with him? But it's not like she has no experience, she had plently small jobs and she also has a degree from university. She knows what she is doing. Right. She can not get insecure now, she has to believe in herself if she wants other people to believe in her.

"Can you come with me inside when it's my turn?" Jisoo asked Haein nervously.

"I'll be at the back. But remember you are acting for the producers that are watching you. You want to convince them of your skills, got it?" Haein was holding the script and highlighting passages that Jisoo had trouble memorizing.

Jisoo nodded her head and went through it all with Haein over again. He remarked when her voice tone was too cheerful or too low, he praised her when she got the facial expressions right but what he cheered on the most was when Jisoo conveyed her emotions well. He always told her that was the most important.

The girls next to Jisoo decreased in number, indicating that it was almost her turn and indeed she was called into the audition room shortly.

Her heart was pounding in her chest and her palms felt sweaty. She glanced at Haein once more who responded with a nod, telling her it's going to be okay. She swallowed and hovered her palm over her face before she lowered it, using it as a curtain to change her expression to a blank face.

Slowly she stepped forward and came to a halt at the marked spot she was supposed to stand on. She raised her head and saw three people sitting on swivel chairs. Two women and one man. They had pens by their side as well as folders and notes they would write on.