Chapter 1: Tyler Fowler

Waking up for college every morning is so much effort for what? For 'learning?'  Please.. The only thing college taught me was to avoid getting hit with a football whilst walking across campus and to avoid brain injury. Sometimes, I don't even think they're accidents half the time.

6:00am. My alarm buzzed and hummed, asking me to snooze it, you best bet I did. When you wake up to the same alarm ever since school, you begin to dread just hearing it and somehow I have maintained some sort of self control to not throw it out the window but calmly turn it off. (If you think throwing a pillow at it in frustration is calm.)

I stop procrastinating and actually get out of bed and start my morning routine, I guess this is a good time to tell you a little bit about myself. I'm Tyler Fowler, I turned 18 years old on November 15th and I study makeup & beauty at a local college here in Cornwall, where we just moved not too long ago from London. Oh yeah, I'm also biologically male.. but I don't feel like it.

Confused? Let me explain, there's supposed to be apparently two genders right? Male & Female? Well.. To put it simply, in my heart deep down, I don't identify as neither, I'm just Tyler, and I love being who I am. (Although it can be really confusing and stressful at times to explain to others..)

So I guess.. I'm Non Binary. Where you don't identify particularly as male or female, or some people identify as a blend of both, although it depends on the person, which I guess makes sense. Now, I know what you're thinking, am I 'out?' To put it simply, yes. I am. I came out to my parents when I was 14 as gay and they seemed very confused at first but eventually developed more of an understanding, however, something still didn't seem quite right. People were still referring to me as "he" and "him" or "his" and to be totally honest, it just made me feel uncomfortable, like it wasn't me. So when I was 17, I came out as Non Binary with using they / them / theirs pronouns and I've felt so much happier ever since.

Anyway, enough of me rambling, suppose I should get ready before I run late and Lynn sends me packing. (She's my lecturer, of course.)

Of course, I never half ass my outfits, who do you think I am? After I spend a good solid 15 minutes eyeing up my wardrobe for an outfit, I finally pick up a gorgeous red tie dye hoodie with black ripped jeans with a gold chain. No, of course it's not real.. I wish.

Okay, onto my favourite part, makeup! Makeup has always been one of my favourite things to do, especially eyeshadow! It's so fun to be free to play with all sorts of colours and see what you can create.

I spend an hour applying a cream shear red eyeshadow with using a gold glitter loose pigment for my inner corner to give my eyes a pop as well as finishing my look with some blush, mascara and setting spray to lock it in place. I don't feel like looking like a melting vanilla ice cream cone today.

As, I finish up getting ready and lock up, I head toward my bus stop just down the street from my house and plug in my music as I walk. You ever play a song and get so into it, you start walking and strutting like you're in a music video? No? Just me? Alright then...

The bus wasn't even there yet, I sit on the bench and fiddle about on my phone. (Which is what I always do anyway to avoid eye contact or a conversation if I can help it.)

Even through my music, a humming car engine glides through the road, it was a white, pearl and shiny Tesla that had literal rent written all over it, it had to at least be going around 70 mph.. Although it seemed to slow down, almost as if it were slowing to a stop literally just where the bus stops and the windows roll down.

"Hey, you need a ride, princess?"

It was a bunch of dudes, ones that I recognise from the football team, they were all dressed in their kits as well as a whiff of a mixture of body odour and men's deodorant, which somehow I managed to resist my gag.