0.4: TAPE 4

tony: pull 'er up he slaps a hand on the table

sam pops the next tape him and leans back in his chair.

y/n: hi tony. yes i'm calling you tony. not dad. because let's be honest. you never wanted me as a daughter. i was left at your doorstep by my mom who couldn't take care of me. i looked at that note every day. "take good care of her"  now i have no idea why i was left at your front door, but i really wish i wasnt.

tony's eyes fill with tears. the first time anyone has ever seen the man cry.

y/n: but if we play into the role that you were my father because, well you raised me. i would say i come from scientists and atheists and white men who kill god. they make technology high quality, complex, physiological. experiments done on me, a kid, in the name of what? public good i think you called it. you taught me everything, just like a daddy should.

tony runs a hand through his hair before and brings it down to his beard, not daring to make eye contact with anyone.

y/n: and you were beautiful and vulnerable, and power and success. goddamn i fell for you, your flamethrowers, your tunnels and your tech. i wasted hours studying code because i wanted to do something great like you. and the real tragedy, is half of it was true. i loved you, it's true. i wanted to be you and do what you do. i lived, i loved, i thought it was true. god, i feel so stupid. and so used.

sam: i hate to say we told you so...

tony: shut the hell up

y/n: i was everyone's perfect child. bred, born, good, and raised to kick your ass.

sam goes oooo almost as of he's enjoying this.

y/n: i fell for circuit boards, rocket ships, and pictures of the stars. tony i wish you could be who you pretend you are. when i said "take me to the moon" i never meant take me alone. i thought if mankind toured the sky it meant we could all go. but fuck, i don't want to see the stars if they're just another thing for you to break. because you've been fucking mean, you're an elitist, you're as flawed as any church. the hydra workers have a higher fucking net worth. i got kidnapped by them because i trusted you to save me soon. not 7 years of my life lost. you told me you would save me. and why would you lie? and then i realized, you're just as naïve as i am.

tony blinks and a single tear falls from his eye. maybe the man did have a heart somewhere.

y/n: i cant want to eat the rich because i'd have to eat my heroes first. i might deserve my fate or worse. but i don't need your goddamn money, i don't need jack shit from you. so when i speak, you bet your life my words are true! she yells with tears in her eyes. let me level with you tony, i was guilty of your game. i took the help, i took the cash, i would have took a fucking bullet for you. so you know what? fuck your tunnels, fuck your cars, fuck your rockets, and fuck your cars again. tony you tore humanity apart with the same machines that could have been our brand new start.

pietro: true

wanda: not right now

y/n: i loved you i loved you i loved you it's true. and sometimes i feel like i still fucking do. tony i feel like i need to repeat it over and over again so you get it through your brain. i loved you, after all the bullshit you put me through, i did. genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist, fake father. goodbye tony.

the screen clicks to black and down slaps the table, then the wall.

peter: mr. stark you should calm down

tony: calm down? calm down! no- no no no i won't just calm down. goddamnit!

steve: stark clearly we all fucked up

tony: why does the kid have a tape? he didn't even know her?

steve: we'll find out just sit back down.

sam: who's next? he bends down to the box oooo n.r. miss romanoff!!!

bucky: sam stop making a joke out of this. you're video is in there too.

sam: hey i'm just trying to make light out of this. this fucking sucks!

tony: yeah we know it fucking sucks.

sam contains his laughter before he pops in the next video and natasha rubs her sweaty hands together nervously.