twenty seven

Quinn made her way down the hall to the desk. She spotted the rookie nurse scramble, rushing to help.

"Where's my sister?!" Haiden frantically asked.

"Ma'am, can I have the name please?" Quinn asked, gesturing for the nurse to leave.

"Olivia Baker. She was brought in with uh, with Spencer James. He was- he was shot. She has on a white dress-" Haiden rambled, looking at the blood on her hands.

"I have her, it's okay. She's being treated by our doctors so if you could-"

"No, I need to see her."

Quinn eyed Haiden, examining her exposed skin.

"Are you okay? Were you involved in the shooting?"

Haiden rolled her eyes, rushing down the hall when she spotted the younger Baker.

"Liv."

"Oh my God. Haiden.."

"Have you seen Spencer?"

Liv nodded, blinking away tears.

"He's doing okay."

"Girls!" Billy called,
running down the hall.

"Hey. Thank God, are either
of you hurt?"

"No, I'm fine."
Haiden assured.

"It's just a strain."

Billy sighed, eyeing the
cast on her wrist.

"Oh, thank God. I though that-"

"We're both fine, Dad. It was just so crazy, and it happened so fast. Spencer, I mean, you're, like, his legal guardian, right? You can verify his identity?"

"Yeah, yeah. It's okay."

The girls followed Billy toward the front waiting area, taking their seats while he talked with Quinn.

"I can't believe this happened. Are you okay?" Liv asked, looking over Haiden's body.

"I'm fine, it's just-"

"Where is he? Where's my baby?!" Grace shouted, running through the doors with Darnell behind.

Billy gently grabbed her arms, focusing her full attention on him.

"Gracie, we're waiting on an update. He's with the doctors now, he's okay."

Grace looked into his eyes, sighing as she barely relaxed.

Darnell approached the girls, taking a seat next to Liv.

"Where's Dillon?" She asked.

"We left him with Micah until we knew- how could this happen? I mean, who would do something like this?"

"I'll give you the condensed version."