Chapter 1: Escape

Max's POV- 

I needed to get out of there immediately. 

I was flying with Mason in my arms, my large dragon self, flying high above the treetops. I was flying for Denver, where we would get onto a plane and get the hell out of Colorado. I knew Mason was nervous as hell in my arms, never seeing me act like that or ever having me carry him while being a dragon. I sighed, letting out a puff of smoke from my nostrils. The boy would be ok. I didn't know about myself though, as the farther I got away from Lucas, and the more I thought about how Lucas treated me... my heart broke and broke some more. I made it to Denver a few minutes later, setting down softly at the outskirts of Denver, and letting Mason slide out of my talon. I grumbled to the amulet, and watched it glow right green, allowing the magical light to engulf me as I felt my transformation. 

"Max, what happened? Why did we run away?" Mason asked, tears threatening to spill from his face. "Why did you blast fire at Lucas?" I sighed, picking Mason up and holding him close to me. 

"We were in danger from him Mason, and we needed to get out quickly", I said, soothingly. "But I want you to know that none of this is your fault, and it never will be. I love you, and I will take care of you, ok? I will protect you, and always be by your side, because I am your new dad. Understand little one?" Mason nodded, his curly ginger hair swishing everywhere. He seemed to be feeling a little better, much to my relief. 

"Max? Where will we go?" Mason asked me curiously. I sighed, thinking of all the possible places me and Mason could go. The first thing that came into my mind was Australia, so that is where we were going to go. 

"We are going to Australia", I replied softly, summoning some casual clothes onto my body, replacing my sleep clothes. I used my magic to vision where the nearest airport was, and there was one around a few miles away. I thought of a plan of how we would get there on a plane. I had no money... but I had magic. Thinking quickly, I grabbed a stray leaf from the ground, and I turned it into an endless magical credit card. I found more leaves, turning them into fake IDs and passports for me and Mason, including any legal documents for us to leave the country. I folded them all up into my pocket, and I picked up Mason. "I will keep you safe, no matter what." I then teleported us to the airport entrance, making me slightly weakened for teleporting such a long distance. I held strong, for Mason's sake. 

Lucas's POV- 

As soon as Max had taken off towards Denver, I raced back to the pack house with Sam. I was freaking the fuck out! Where would he go?! He could go anywhere he wanted! I wanted to punch myself when I shifted back in front of the garage, Sam following suit. 

"FUCK! HOW COULD I HAVE BEEN SO WEAK!" I screamed, grabbing the garage door and ripping it off of its hinges with my werewolf strength, and throwing it clear across the very large front lawn. Tears of anger and heartbreak were running down my face, and my fists were shaking violently. Sam was there instantly, trapping me into a bear hug. I buried my nose into his shoulder, letting out choked sobs. 

"Lucas, whatever happened was not your fault, that much I can tell. So, stop, shut the hell up, and let's go after him! Use what is left of your mating bond, and find Max", Sam said, both being comforting and stern. Both of which I needed. I focused on the weak mate bond, trying hard to figure out where it would lead me. It was trying to lead me to Denver itself. 

"To the truck now!" I ordered, and we dashed to the truck, and I quickly started it up. I sped us all the way to the city, allowing the severely weakened mating bond to guide me. We reached a busy intersection, and I felt the bond tug left. So, I turned left as soon as the lights turned green. I sped down the highway, closing in on one of Denver's airports. My wolf whined, both of us knowing that Max was inside the very large and extremely busy building. I found us a parking spot, and we rushed into the airport. Sam took the West part of the airport, while I took the East. People were everywhere, making it difficult for me to scent Max out. 

Max's POV- 

I could feel him enter the building, and my anxiety spiked greatly. I didn't let it show as we made it through security. Thankfully the security guards did not take too long with searching us. One of them was a werewolf, and she seemed nice as she gave us the all clear. Mason and I hurried through the airport, our plane for Australia leaving in about ten minutes. I kept a firm grip on Mason's hand, making sure I didn't lose him in this crowd. We walked and walked for a few minutes until we finally found our plane. We had three minutes to spare, so I quickly got mine and Mason's tickets approved, and the guard at the gate allowed us to board the plane. We quickly got on and settled in the economy section, towards the back of the plane. 

I could sense Lucas getting closer and closer to us, and I was scared. Scared he would hurt me, hurt Mason, or anyone. He was only down the hall from the plane, and I held my breath. My anxiety was spiking. Thankfully, the pilot announced for the doors to be closed, and we were leaving in one minute, so everyone needed to buckle in. I helped Mason with his buckle, and I managed to buckle myself in just in time. The pilot started the plane, and a moment later, we were going down the runway. We took off a few minutes later, my heart breaking more with every passing second. I quietly said goodbye to Colorado, to Denver, to the pack, and the most painful one... Lucas. I would be very far away from him... and even though he almost hurt me today... I still loved him. And fuck, I didn't want to leave. I would also regret leaving even more later, despite the circumstances. For I didn't know it yet but... I was pregnant. 

Lucas's POV- 

I broke down crying again. I had entered the hall, finally catching Max's scent. I followed it quickly, and I managed to get to the hallway where his plane was. But once I turned into the hall, I heard the engine of a plane roar to life. It went down the runway a moment later. I could sense both Max and Mason on that plane as it flew away from me. I broke down, crying hysterically. Some off the people passing me gave me strange looks, but I didn't give a shit. My mate was gone, and so was my son. Sam eventually found me, and he hugged me close to him. Some say an Alpha must never show weakness like this, especially towards their mate. Fuck that. I will continue to cry, to show my pain, and not hold it in. I would also never rest until I had Max and Mason in my arms again. I vowed that to the gods with a silent prayer. 

AN: Hey guys! Here is Chapter 1 of Book 2, The Alpha's Runaway Mage! I hated writing this chapter out, but unfortunately my mind is fucked up. And I am introducing male pregnancies! And Max is pregnant... don't kill me! Anyways, I hope you enjoyed the first chapter! Please comment any spelling and grammar errors! I love you all! 

Bye Besties!