Trouble In Paradise

Merl's POV

Biology I'm confident in, Chemistry I'm confident I've got a 'C' in, R.E I'm sure I've passed but maths? Forget about it...

Friday came round so fast I barely had anytime to think. R.E was my last exam of the week, I looked outside as the invigilator called for us to put our pencils down and I shivered at the thought of going out in the light snow that had begun to fall. I was prepared for it, but it still didn't make me want to leave the warm sanctuary of the school. We passed our papers along and waited to be dismissed a row at a time. When we were finally out of the room, I joined Cassie and Terry in a conversation of what was going on; Jo ran to the bathroom. We waited in the main hall for her as there was only five minutes to the bell so we didn't have to go back to class, but we did have to stay in the school building till the bell rang.

Jo joined in our discussion, relaising we done certain parts wrong and things before the bell finally went and we slowly made our way outside, deciding it would be nice to wait on Sam and Mickey. As we waited I decided to check my phone, I pulled the pieces out of my pocket and put the battery back in the phone, trying not to get snow on it and trying not to keep my fingers out in the cold more than I had to. I waited for it to reset then I checked my texts. I had two from Alex and a missed phone call. Tonight was Frasers party and he was super excited about us going. I thought it was awful cute and I couldn't help but smile as I read his texts. Sam and Mickey walked by us, I was only aware when I heard the yells of Jo and Cassie. We trudged over through the crowds and made our group, walking towards the gates and slowly to the bus stop. Cassie and Terry just walked home as they didn't live far away, but Sam and I got the bus, Mickey was walking, he lived far but the bus didn't go by his house and Jo was getting a lift, but she was going for something to eat with her mum.

"Good thing we aren't going out tonight" Sam said.

We watched a few first years run amock at the bus stop, growling at them as they narrowly missed our heads with very small snow balls. The snow wasn't settling but it had on the grass, and was starting to make slush on the roads.

"Lucky for you, I'm still going out"

"Oh yeah, good luck with that" She smiled encouragingly.

"Thanks" I smiled back.

"What will you do tonight?"

Sam shrugged and put out her hand as the bus rounded the corner at the top of the road. All the kids started to cheer and yell, the bus pulled up and we waited till we had a seat on the bus before continuing our conversation.

"Probably just play xbox or something" Sam said and looked out the window.

I frowned and felt bad that I didn't invite her to the party, but I knew I couldn't.

"Why don't you see what Mickey's doing?" I asked.

Sam rocked her head from side to side as she considered it.

"I might, could always have a movie night with him and have a drink, though I don't see the point since I'll be seeing him tomorrow"

"So?" I challenged.

"Invite him over and play xbox together or watch a movie, just something so you're not on your own"

"I guess, but isn't that using him?"

I chattered my teeth in thought.

"Kind of, but he'd be using you as well so it kind of cancels itself out" I shrugged.

Sam laughed and nodded.

"I'll see later, let myself get home an d relax and give him time to get home and stuff"