Terror

Third person POV

Melissa turned into a zombie, being pushed ahead by her parents that stood with straight backs and proud faces. Miss Masterson shot a sly grin at Melissa before she turned to lead them off to her classroom, happy at the chance to one up her student.

When they reached the small office, Melissa's heart gave a leap as she saw three instead of the usual two chairs in front of Miss Mastersons desk; she had been planning to do this right from the start.

"Do take a seat" Said Miss Masterson who couldn't help but smile as she walked around and sat in her chair, back straight, smile on her face and hands clasped neatly in fornt of her, clearing her throat before addressing the Butlers.

"Mr and Mrs Butler, I am sure you recieved my newsletter that we had an investigation here at school"

The Butler's looked at each other, glancing back at Melissa who nodded at her parents who looked slightly confused.

"Oh yes, Melissa mentioned something about a student and a teacher" Mrs Butler nodded.

"Took no notice of course" Mr Butler said.

Miss Masterson raised an eyebrow.

"Oh? May I ask why?"

The Butler's looked at each other.

"Clearly this teacher is interested in one student and one student alone, Melissa is not that student" Mr Butler glared.

"How can you be so sure?" Miss Masterson asked.

"Excuse me?" Mrs Butler stood, outraged.

"Mrs Butler, we have some out-standing evidence that Melissa Butler and Mr Alexander Jackmen have been having a sexual affair"

Melissa was crying silently as she gripped the sides of her chair, biting her lip. Mr Butler stood up with is wife, both shouting their heads off at Miss Masteson who could not stop grinning.

"This is outrageous!" Cried Mr Butler.

Mrs Butler looked at her daughters face and turned, with a blinding rage o the headmistress.

"This is a joke! An absolute joke!" Mrs Butler screamed.

Everything went silent, even Miss Masterson sat solemn.

"Oh, that wiped the smile off your damned face did it? What evidence is this, what evidence?" Mrs Butler asked.

Melissa sat with her mouth opened, cheeks shining with tears, her father reached over and rubbed her hand while staring up at his with with an agreeable nod as she stared down the shocked teahcer.