𝖤𝗉𝗂𝗅𝗈𝗀𝗎𝖾 : 𝖤𝗍𝖾𝗋𝗇𝗂𝗍𝗒

[🌫️]

[Third Person's POV]

"Y/N! Y/N!"

Little cherubim hovered around the girl as she sat peacefully by a glass fountain, looming a daisy crown in her hands. Y/N looked up, giggling. They were speaking in chorus.

"Leave me alone, you guys." She smiled. "I'm doing something."

"But we need you to play with us!"

"No can do."

"We're bored!"

"Why don't you guard the Garden of Eden?"

"We don't want to!"

"Come on, it's your duty."

Y/N sighed. She got up, her dress touching the evergreen grass of paradise. She motioned for a cherub to come over before placing the crown on his head. He giggled.

She tapped his cheek. "Do you like it?"

"I love it!"

"Good," she dusted her hands. "Has anyone seen my harp?"

"No, why?"

"Spill it. You must've hid it again, didn't you?"

"Maybe?"

"Oh, you little snugbugs!" She shouted. "Get back here!"

Y/N chased them in the meadows. Settling in heaven was indeed surreal. There was never a day when grasses died, the flowers bloomed for all eternity, trees bore the prettiest fruits, water was crystal clear, and the sun, moon, and stars were clearer in their realm. Angels sing in every corner, their harmonic voices never a pain in the ears. No evil resided in the shadows.

She loved the place. Although, she must admit, she hasn't visited Beomgyu for ages. She was too occupied with her duties, guiding new souls, helping her fellow angels, and taking time for herself. Regardless, she's heard that Beomgyu was doing alright and that he had fully healed from the heartache.

"Give me back my harp!"

"We forgot where we put it!"

"I will certainly tell Archangel Anne about this misbehavior."

"Please, don't!"

Y/N spread her wings to level with them. The cherubim fluttered around her in tease, poking and tugging her gently. She balled her fists and flapped her wings hard, sending strong gushes of wind to the little guardians.

"Ahck!" A cherub flew straight to a tree.

A branch shook and down fell a bronze harp, adorned with little gemstones on the base. Y/N rushed to pick it up, feet touching the ground.

"Hah. Found it."

"That's cheating." They pouted. "You used your big wings against us."

"It was never a game."

Salty, they crossed their arms and flew away. Y/N grinned and waved at them goodbye. Just as she turned front, she almost screamed as Archangel Anne appeared before her without a warning.

"My apologies," Anne stifled a laugh. "I did not intend to frighten you."

"It's alright," she touched her chest. "What are you here for, Anne?"

"I was looking for you. Everyone's already there. Where have you been?"

"Huh?" Y/N raised a brow. "I was.. I was here all the time. Did I.. Did I miss something?"

"Silly."

Archangel Anne flew up. Y/N followed. She noticed that her friend was in a rush. She frowned. She didn't know what was happening. Nobody's ever told her about a special occasion— apart from Christmas which was still a few months away.

"Stay front," Anne directed. "I'll be at the back."

"Wait, what?" Y/N turned. "Why? Anne—"

Unfortunately, she had no other choice. Angels and archangels flocked by the golden gates, singing a familiar tune in which they only do whenever they welcome a soul in heaven. Y/N made her way in the first row, puzzled but still joined the choir.

"Poor kid," an angel told her. "Crossed the street only get hit by a truck."

She bit her lip. "That's horrible."

"Indeed."

Soon enough, the gold bars opened. Melodic voices grew louder as a figure walked in, a little lost but confident. Y/N squinted her eyes.

By the time she had a clear view, a loud gasp escaped her mouth. Her heart exploded in her chest and her eyes began to water.

"You.."

Beomgyu faced her. He was dressed in white. His hair grew a little longer and he was taller. He looked even better and more mature. After all, it has been such a long time. Although he was pale, he had a warm smile spread on his lips.

"Hello, Y/N."

[End]