05 : 𝖲𝗐𝖾𝖾𝗍 𝖢𝖺𝗋𝗈𝗅𝗂𝗇𝖾

[🌁]

[Third Person's POV]

7:45 AM.

The hands of the wall clock pointed to those digits as seconds ticked silently inside Beomgyu's room. His bed was neat, undisturbed. He was sitting in front of his desk, just by the window. Sun rose high up before him, bathing his area in sunlight.

Beomgyu's been up all night. There were crumpled papers littered around the floor. He was holding his head in one hand, the other roughly sketching against the pad on the table, only to get torn and tossed afterwards.

"God, damn it." He hissed. "For once, just a decent fucking art!"

He belted out a loud exhale. By then, he heard another door close. It seemed like Y/N was already up. He took a glance at the clock overhead and frowned. Hadn't if he was so desperate to find his way back to art, he would have noticed time pass by.

Buzz..

Buzz..

Buzz..

Beomgyu glanced to his phone which had been lying screen-down on his side. He checked the dial and caught a familiar name on the register. His tired eyes widened.

"Choi Beomgyu speaking."

"Gyuuuuu~!"

He smiled. "Caroline! You called for what? How have you been?"

"I missed you, that's what!" She chuckled. "I've been doing fine! I heard you graduated already. Congrats!"

"Ah, yeah.. That.. Thanks." He twiddled with his pencil. "What about you? Still in Italy?"

"No. Actually, I just came home yesterday. Do you still have the same address? I plan to stop by on you this morning, if that's fine."

He coughed by surprise. "Sure! I'm still here in Daegu, nothing changed. I'd love to see you again."

"Awesome. I'll see you then!"

Call ended.

Beomgyu slowly lowered the phone from his ear. He could hear his heart thumping loudly in anticipation. Caroline's home. He never thought he'd see her soon after so many years.

Thrilled, he sprung up from his seat and dashed out of his room, leaving all the mess as is. In the kitchen, he spotted Y/N, frying something as she hummed— it reminded him of the memory of their first, formal meeting.

"News flash, Swedish man single-handedly influenced sales for tambourines, increasing to a staggering 74% in the stock market. Percussionists are yet found shocked." The television announced from the living room.

"Morning," he softly greeted.

He approached Y/N and looked over her shoulders. She was dealing with the difficulty of flipping an egg in the pan.

"Hey, Beomgyu." She responded. "How was your sleep?"

"Mmm," he rolled his eyes up. "It was fine. What about you?"

"I didn't sleep at all. I had a couple of things to figure out."

"Is that so?" He frowned. "Y/N, the eggs are burning."