She was smooth as she worked. He studied her as she checked on the pancake batter, tasted it and nodded in affirmation before covering it again and setting it aside. Then she focused on the casserole. Taking out a large casserole dish from one of the many kitchen drawers, she set it down on the counter beside the cut ingredients. She was about to drizzle olive oil on the bottom of the casserole when he suddenly remembered—he marveled that he did.

"Wait."

"Yeah?"

"We have cooking spray somewhere."

"I know you do. It's on the top shelf of the third cabinet from the left over there," she pointed towards the kitchen's farther end.

Wow. She definitely knew their kitchen better than anyone else did. Dammit, she gave him the exact location of where the cooking spray was.

"Well then, why aren't you using it?"

"Because according to my chef instincts, olive oil always tastes better."

"Oh, is it?"

"Yup," she agreed and got back to work.

She felt a certain pair of gray eyes boring holes into her back, but she chose to ignore them. Once she was satisfied with the generosity of the olive oil in the casserole, she arranged the bread slices neatly over it and put it aside so that the bread could absorb all the oil goodness. Meanwhile, she started sautéing the veggies, sausages and herbs over medium heat in a pan.

He was too busy staring at her long legs and perfect ass—not that he would admit doing either—to notice her making an avocado shake until she gave it to him.

"Here."

"Huh, what?"

"It's avocado shake. I found avocados in the fridge, so I made some shake for you..."

"For me?"

"Yeah. I've read somewhere that it's healthy to have some sort of whole fruit or fruit shake after a workout, so I thought why not?"

"Well, thanks a lot."

"No problem," she passed him a genuine smile and returned to layering the casserole.

As much as he'd've liked to admire her swift movements, endless legs and shapely ass, he was distracted by her sweet gesture. She'd made avocado juice for him? Because he'd worked out and it was healthy to consume liquids after exercising? Why? The woman who barely made eye contact with him had done something so considerate?

Why had she made him juice? she chided herself. It wasn't like she was here to take care of him. She was here to lead their hotel's kitchen for the next three months till the gala, and to repay the Siftons' favors by cooking for them whenever possible. Making him healthy juices was nowhere in the deal, then why?

Yes, she realized, it had to be because of that stupid damn crush. 

It was eight before she knew it, and the bar table was bursting with noises. She'd insisted on sitting at the bar table because she wanted to serve them steaming hot pancakes directly off the heat.

"Okay, Siftons! Who's eating what?"

"Oh, we have to choose? I was thinking more on the lines of everything you've made," Gerald said, earning one of Savannah's signature delighted laughs.

"Well, whatever floats your boat, Mr. Sifton," she shrugged.

"Savannah Victoria Reece," Zac interrupted, making Rhett's head snap towards him. "What's wrong?" he asked.