9. feels like

listen to 'feels like' by gracie abrams right now :)

━━━━━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━━━━━

I would do whatever you wantedwe don't have to leave the apartmentmet you at the right timethis is what it feels like

we don't have to leave the apartment
met you at the right time
this is what it feels like

━━━━━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━━━━━

She was next in line.

She cautiously took a step forward to separate herself from the group of students behind her, allowing herself to be a few inches closer to the ever-changing creature.

She didn't know what her biggest fear was. She believed it could be anywhere from an army of spiders to all of her enemies starting out as friends.

She watched in silence, her left hand in the pocket of her robes, tightly clutching it with the palm of her freezing hand, so hard her knuckles were almost turning white.

She felt a puddle of anxiety pool in the pit of her stomach, sometimes splashing out the sides and rising up to her chest. The creature in front of her thrashed around as it tried to conform to a specific shape, currently a murky colour.

Trepidation flooded her senses, feeling as though everything could come crashing down in only a few seconds.

After many moments of apprehension, the boggart stopped, having finally formed its shape. She furrowed her eyebrows at the transformation, utterly confused as to why it had chosen its current shape.

She was unable to think clearly at first. Every moment, word, phrase or memory in her mind went to a dark mush as she stared at her mother's unconscious body that stood in front of her.

She wasn't scared of her mother, how could she be?

The best part of her life, harshly carved out of her with the sharpest knife of enmity and desolation, leaving her as an empty void with a bottomless pit.

The sorrow washing over her with the overwhelming force of a sudden tidal wave, completely crushing her entire being with not one previous warning or gasp of air.

She was the complete opposite of scared when it came to her mother. She felt safe, hiding behind the benevolent shield her mother constantly held in front of her, vowing to protect her until her dying day.

She was nothing without her mother. She had no one to talk to about the old secrets of the castle, she had no one to help her with school work, no one to wipe the tears streaming down her face or to make her laugh.

She loved her mother so much that it physically hurt her every day that she was living without her, that she was living the life Aurora always wanted to watch her live and go through with her.