11. a night in fright

━━━━━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━━━━━

take me back to the housein the backyard tree,said you'd beat me up,you were bigger than me

in the backyard tree,
said you'd beat me up,
you were bigger than me

━━━━━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━━━━━

There was a loud bang from the front of the Slytherin crowd as one of the fourth years had plunged their hand at the common room door in hopes for it to open.

Chloe was at the back of the crowd, still far back enough to be able to stand on the last marble step so she could see over all the heads of people yelling passwords at the door to answer.

"I don't know how anyone could forget the password," Daphne muttered from next to her, also standing on the same step.

"I know," Chloe replied, being forced to get off the step as she felt a Prefect push past her and gave him a face, "It's the same phrase every time just with rearranged words."

Daphne stepped off the step as Chloe did, the four of them now standing together in a small bunch. There was a lot of commotion and yelling throughout all the Slytherins as everyone was trying to push through the crowd to get to the door.

A few minutes passed and after many shoves and hits to the shoulder Chloe received from the pushing students, Snape had arrived and was inspecting the door.

He turned around to face the Slytherins as his lips formed a straight line, "It appears that the common room door isn't opening-"

"Well we know that," one of the fourth years had interrupted, Chloe recognised him to be the same one who told her to stay in Hogwarts just that morning. God, she couldn't stand him already.

"If you would let me finish, Mr Hartley," Snape scolded coldly, "You would've known I would eventually get to the point that there has been an attempted break in."

A chorus of hushed whispers echoed throughout the room, all mainly consisting of who would want to break in, why, and if they were successful.

"The wrong password has been entered a number of times, causing an internal snap on the lock," Snape informed, performing a non verbal charm on the door that bounced right back off it.

"But, Sir," one of the second years started timidly, "Who would want to break in?"

Snape didn't say anything, though many of the students observed his eyes move from the second year and onto Chloe as they all whipped their heads around to see her as well.

She smiled innocently, quietly chuckling to herself, the chuckles gradually turning into groans as she slumped her head on Daphne's shoulder as the students went back to their loud whispers.

"Of course it's because of her-"

"-Don't be rude-"

"-Is he talking about Sirius Black-"