6. i knew you were trouble

━━━━━━━━ ⋆ ━━━━━━━━

once upon a time,a few mistakes ago,i was in your sights,you got me alone

once upon a time,
a few mistakes ago,
i was in your sights,
you got me alone

━━━━━━━━ ⋆ ━━━━━━━━

Chloe sat back in her seat with her hot cup of tea in her hands, taking small sips of the scalding liquid.

Whereas Theo had quaffed the tea as quickly as he could, holding his cup in his hands and giving Chloe an impatient look as he dramatically tapped his foot.

"What? It's nice tea," she mumbled, quickly finishing the rest and setting it on the table next to Theo's.

They swilled the dregs around as Trelawney instructed, then drained the cups and swapped over as Trelawney floated around the room, checking in on each pair.

Chloe opened the Unfogging the Future textbook that was on their table to the right page.

"What do you see in mine?" Theo inquired excitedly, "am I going to be rich?"

"You're already rich," Chloe droned, reminding him as she took a look at the cup in her hands.

"It kinda looks like a big blob of ants," she replied as she leaned over to check her book and see if 'big blob of ants' was one of the symbols.

Seeing they weren't there, she started to tilt the cup around and rotate it to find different perspectives of the shapes.

"Ooh, if you hold it like this is kind of looks like Dobby," she gasped, tilting the cup backwards and leaning down so her face was almost parallel with it, "oh my God, you're going to be a House Elf!"

Theo and Chloe made a few jokes about each other's leaves (laughing even harder at each one), before Trelawney made her way to their table.

Harry sat at his table with Ron and Hermione, holding Ron's teacup steadily in his hands and subtly admiring her smile as his cheeks absentmindedly became a dusty shade of pink.

She would have noticed it if Ron hadn't suddenly snapped his fingers millimetres away from his face before saying something that made Harry's cheeks even redder.

"Please take this seriously," Trelawney grinned politely at Theo and Chloe, who looked like they were about to fall off their chairs, "now tell me, dear, what tree were you looking at?" she asked Chloe, pointing to the window.