chapter three

⊱ ━━━━.⋅ εïз ⋅.━━━━ ⊰

3.01
( i will toast you )

01( i will toast you )

⊱ ━━━━.⋅ εïз ⋅.━━━━ ⊰

"THIS STILL doesn't make sense to me," Nova stated as she sat on the floor, her back leaned on the wall as her knees were up to her chest.

Bucky had made the pair wait outside while he went to visit Zemo in prison, though neither of them really wanted to let him go in alone.

"You think it does to me?" Sam chuckled, joining her on the floor. "So, what's your story?"

She turned to him, raising an eyebrow slightly. She wasn't quite sure what he meant by that, well actually maybe she was, but she'd rather stay safe.

"You know, the whole thing with your kingdom and whatnot," Sam prompted.

She looked away and stared at the white walls ahead of her. Puffing out her cheeks, she shrugged with her lips pursed into a thin line.

"Well, Ivazar is a nice place. You guys should come sometime," she said with a slight smile, purposely avoiding the main question.

Truthfully, her family was still a sore spot. No, her parents. They probably died during the blip. The only thing Nova ever thought about was how it wasn't fair ( and it didn't make sense ). It wasn't fair that practically everyone else returned from the dust but her parents seemed to have remained that way. There wasn't even a body for her to bury. She didn't even get to have a proper funeral for them, and that felt as though it hurt the most.

"I wonder if we showed up at the airport for a flight there if we'd even get it," Sam chuckled, sensing her slight discomfort and decided to just go with it.

Letting a small laugh, Nova shrugged. "I could get you your passport, both of you," she joked.

They made small talk, getting to know each other more as they waited for Bucky to come back. It didn't take too long, as the man was now strutting back towards them. Sam pushed himself off of the ground and both guys reached out to help Nova up, the girl stifling a laugh as she grabbed both of their hands.

"How'd it go?" she asked Bucky.

"Let's talk somewhere else."

━━━━

"ARE YOU out of your mind?" Nova exclaimed. The trio were now at some abandoned warehouse Bucky had led them to, the guys holding out flashlights while Nova held her hand out, a bright white-purple glow emitting from her palm.

"What are you talking about? You wanna break Zemo out of jail? Where the hell are we Buck?" Sam exclaimed, just as taken aback on the situation as the young queen was.