prologue

⊱ ━━━━.⋅ εïз ⋅.━━━━ ⊰

1.01
( ripped him off walmart )

01( ripped him off walmart )

⊱ ━━━━.⋅ εïз ⋅.━━━━ ⊰

NOVA HERRERA walked out of her bathroom fully dressed having changed directly after the shower. She stood in front of her vanity, picking out her usual shade of lipstick before bending down to get a better look in the mirror.

She slowly traced her lips, making sure to fill in every gap of her plump lips. Just as she coated her bottom lip, the sudden rise in volume of her television startled her which led to the sudden shift of her elbow and then ending up with a patch of lipstick getting out of her lip line.

"Carajo," she clenched her jaw.

She huffed in annoyance, turning on her heel to stare at the breaking news. The young queen was expecting something like a sudden natural disaster or anything similar, instead what she got—

"Unrest, in the wake of recent events has left us vulnerable. Every day Americans feel it. While we love heroes who put their lives on the line to defend Earth, we also need a hero to defend this country,"

Nova furrowed her brows, wondering where this was going. She had recently watched the press conference of the Falcon returning Captain America's shield, and a part of her was hoping the government wasn't messing shit up.

"We need a real person who embodies America's greatest values. We need someone to inspire us again, someone who can be a symbol for all of us. So, on behalf of the Department of Defense and our Commander-in-Chief, it is with great honor that we announce here today that the United States of America has a new hero,"

"Oh no," she murmured, taking a step towards the television.

"Join me in welcoming your new Captain America."

Her eyes widened as she stared at the new poorly copied Captain America. She scoffed, shaking her head.

"Where'd they pick him up? Ripped him off walmart?" she rolled her eyes, snatching the remote and turning it off.

She was one of those badly affected during the blip. She was one of those that Steve Rogers had approached and called for help to defeat the ugly purple giant— Thanos. She was one of those that most certainly did not approve of this sudden change.

Steve Rogers was Captain America, but most importantly he was his own man.

Sure she probably didn't know him well, but the short amount of time she managed to get to know him, was enough to tell her what kind of person he was.

Five years of the blip equaled five years of her taking full responsibility of her people in Ivazar as the queen. And that was enough to change her whole perspective of things. It made it even worse when her younger brother returned from it, but her parents never did.

And so she left, letting her brother take over the kingdom as king while she supervised from main land. It was a much needed break, now she was out kicking ass.

That, she enjoyed.

Her phone buzzed, and she picked it up after quickly fixing her lipstick. Unlocking it, she found a text message from Zach; somewhat her assistant. He'd tell her about cases, people she needed to help or bad guys she needed to toast.

Just like he usually would, he sent her the location of another little situation.

━━━━

"I NEED eyes Zach," Nova grunted as she electrocuted another guy.

She was sent to an abandoned warehouse which turned into a meth lab to shut down their operation. But one thing about her powers was that even though she can electrocute, drown, cause fires or just move easily from one spot to another— she couldn't see things that weren't in her line of view just like an average human being.

"It's kinda hard to get visual in the dark Nova," Zach's voice rang through her earpiece. "Behind you!"

She turned just in time to stop the guy from stabbing her, the knife only cutting through a small part of her leather jacket.

"Man I just got this fit," she grumbled, sending a shock through him causing him to shake and fall limp on the ground.

"Burn it," Zach said.

"Burn it?" she approached the products.

"Burn it."

With a smirk, she flexed her fingers to gather a pool of water and splashed them to circuit. Sending some electricity to heat up the wires, a fire soon broke out and began to eat up the warehouse with everything else in it.

The workers and gang members scrambled out considering she didn't really jolt to kill, and she teleported herself out of the raging fire.

"My work here is done," she said and Zach hummed. Taking of her earpiece, she stuffed it back into her pockets and pulled her hood up just as the sirens approached.

Not even needing a clue, people already knew who did it.

Only one person would go around destroying meth labs and saving lives, though she was never authorized to do so.

Only Electra would.

you got mail !

hello world ! welcome to my first ever mcu fic which i'm honestly rlly excited for ( may or may not already kinda hv an idea for somewhat an avengers au as a sequel for this ? )

anyways, here's a short lil intro for my baby girl nova and then we'll hop into episode 2 coz that's where she meets with our guys; bucky and sam

lemme first say; no. i do not hv a schedule for updating bcoz i cannot stick to it for the life of me. i try to prewrite a lot and publish whenever i can so yanno, i can't promise fast or slow updates atm. as for the whole romance side of this, i don't think imma make actually make nova and bucky ( if u didn't notice in the cast chap ) rlly rlly happen here coz it'll be a bit too soon imo but u will see soft bucky and simp nova content 😌✌

so yeah that's it for now, i hope u guys are as excited as i am eeek byee stay safe and sane loves <3

━━━━
please don't be a ghost reader! comments are highly appreciated, if not even a vote will be enough to make my day <3
━━━━