chapter two

⊱ ━━━━.⋅ εïз ⋅.━━━━ ⊰

2.02
( why can't i get some therapy? )

02( why can't i get some therapy? )

⊱ ━━━━.⋅ εïз ⋅.━━━━ ⊰

"TELL ME why I'm here," Nova sighed as she walked in between Bucky and Sam in a quiet neighbourhood.

"You're..." Bucky trailed off. "Sam why is she here?" he turned to the latter who rolled his eyes.

Nova sighed again, kicking a random rock in front of her she skipped along the road. Bucky only watched her from the corner of his eye, the smallest smile tugging at his lips. They didn't even pay attention when Sam was held back, talking to a kid as Nova only followed Bucky towards a house.

A part of her wanted to be back home with her brother, for she only got to spend a day with him but they just had to holler. So here she was, joining them in whatever scavenger hunt they were going on.

"We're here to see Isaiah," Bucky said to a kid when he opened the door.

"Nobody named Isaiah live here," he stated and Nova raised an eyebrow.

"Look, we just want to talk to him," Bucky persisted.

"You must not hear what I just said. You ain't getting in this house. Y'all can leave now," the kid retorted.

Nova who was leaning on the pole pushed herself up to stand directly next to Bucky.

"Tell him the guy from the bar in Goyang is here. He's gonna know what that means,"

After a few beats, he gave in. "Alright, wait here."

"Nice kid," Sam stated.

"Who even are they?" Nova furrowed her brows.

"We had a skirmish during the Korean War," Bucky shrugged.

The boy came back and unlocked the grill. "Today's your lucky day. He said he wanna see for himself," he stepped aside to let them in.

They walked inside, Nova staying a little behind as she preferred to let the guys handle the situation. Let's just say she wasn't the best social person.

"Isaiah?"

"Look at you," an older man said.

"This is uh, Sam and..." Bucky looked behind him and gestured to the girl, "Nova. Guys, this is Isaiah. He was a hero. One of the ones that HYDRA feared the most, like Steve. We met in '51."

"If by met, you mean I whupped your ass, then, yeah. We heard whispers he was on the peninsula, but everyone they sent after him, never came back. So the U.S. military dropped me behind the line to go deal with him. I took half that metal arm in that fight in Goyang, but I see he's managed to grow it back. I just wanted to see if he got the arm back. Or if he'd come to kill me," Isaiah stated.