chapter 2

After the incident with Luke, I headed to the break room.

I sit down at the back table, and lay my head into my slightly damp palms.

I was just face to face with the Luke Brooks. The man who has killed hundreds of people, robbed multiple banks, and has never been caught.

He's only 19, too. My age. That's insane.

My thoughts jump from my mind when Ben comes into the room.
"What's up?" He asks, in a normal tone, surprisingly.

He sits across from me, and I actually don't mind. "I'm so tired." My voice starts to get shaky, as I lie.

"Let's go help some patients, I'll come with you." Ben smiles. "Really?" I ask. He stands in front of me, and holds out his hand.

I smile and take his hand, and he leads me out to the front desk. "Give us a couple files?" He asks. Darla hands us about 5 files. "Woah! Danny, you look pale? Are you okay?" She asks, and I just smile and nod. "I'm fine." I sigh.

Ben takes my hand and we head to the first room. A small girl is laid in the table, with a steel rod through her foot. Ben and I look at each other. "This is gonna take a while." He says, and I nod in agreement.
_______
Once Ben and I fixed the little girl all up, we decided to go grab some coffee.
I glanced at the clock. It's already 10:00 a.m.

Ben and I go ahead and quickly finish up our coffee and start to head to our next patient. On our way through the halls, Ben realizes he left his phone in his car in the back parking lot.

I head to the next patients room, but through the curtain I see its a rather large man.

From the incident earlier, I'm too scared to go in there alone.

I start walking down the old hallway. This small section of the hospital was sectioned off a couple years ago. All it had was a conference room, bathrooms, and one or two tiny medical rooms. They shut down all of the security cameras too. It was completely useless. The back parking lot is down that way, though.

I begin making my way down the hallway, and as I pass the conference room, I hear a familiar voice.

"What have you heard?" Lukes raspy voice yells. I get closer, peering through the door window slightly.

Luke and his 'gang' have Ben.

I jump slightly when I see Ben start to fight back.
He didn't last long.
I cover my eyes when they slice through Bens throat.
When I turned around, my back hit the wall. Hard.

I stay quiet, hoping they will blow it off.
When the door creaks open slightly, I run.
As I run down the hall, I hear them shouting "grab her!"

I run towards the front of the hospital. Everyone is staring. Luke won't follow me up here, he would get caught.
I get out to my car and start the ignition. I'll have to get my purse tomorrow.

I barely get out of parking lot before I see Luke and the other boys sprinting around the hospital. I step on the gas and get into the traffic. To my luck, it's not as bad.
_______

Once I get to my apartment, I park my car and rush inside.

I shut my apartment door, and flick the lights in quickly. My breathing is still weird and I try to calm myself down.
I lay my keys onto the counter, and slowly make my way to my room.
I change into my tight white long sleeve shirt, and my black leggings.
Then I walk back over to my couch. I lay down onto my back, and take deep breathes.

What do I do? Luke knows that I know.

As I overthink, I don't realize I'm falling asleep.
_____

I wake up, but keep my eyes closed. I'm not ready for reality.

I grunt, involuntarily as I sit up.
The only light in the room is the small overhead light in my kitchen.

I reach down to where my phone would be on the couch. I have a mini spaz attack when it's not there.

Then I remember, I left it on my bathroom counter this morning!

I go and grab my phone, and quickly head back.

As I'm scrolling down Twitter, there's a knock on my door.

Don't worry. I'm not stupid.

I just had that incident with Luke, I'm not answering the door.

I head over and peer through the peep hold thingy.

sh*t.