"Yes, yes go ahead." She answered. He got up from his seat and walked just out of earshot.

"I wonder what that could be." Rey mumbled as she was finishing up her wine glass that Phasma had offered everybody.

"Probably Hux. He always tries to create some emergency a couple times a week to annoy Kylo into getting up late at night." Phasma explained.

"So why wouldn't he just not go?"

"Well, the one time he didn't, two of our TIE fighters blew up so he always feels the need to check."

"Ah," Rey said.

Kylo came back and looked very irritable. "It's Hux. Apparently one of our shields have failed and I must check on it at once. I'll be back soon. Rey, if I'm not, try to get back to your room by 22:00, that's when it locks immediately and I haven't put your handprint in yet."

She nodded. "Okay, Ben."

"Sorry, Phasma, we'll do this again without interruptions one day." Kylo said.

"No worries, go kick the stars out of Hux for me." She smiled supprotively.

Kylo left and the girls laughed at his impromtu leaving.

Rey sighed. "Ah, Hux seems like a miserable fellow to work with."

"Trust me, he is," Phasma said as she finished her glass of wine. "Would you like another glass? I think I'm going to get one."

Rey smiled. "No, thank you. I'm new to alcohol still and I try not to push my boundary."

Phasma nodded. She got up and walked to her wine cabinet, fetching the bottle they drank from before and pouring the rest into her cup as she spoke. "I respect you for that. I was similar when I joined the First Order but the military teaches you to hold your liquor, or at least fake it like you can!"

Rey laughed. "I could imagine! It's the same with the military at the Resistance."

"Stars, it's so weird recognizing similar details like that in such different organizations. I suppose it reminds me of the humanity of it all." Phasma said as she sat down with her glass. "So, how do you enjoy living so close to Kylo? I know it's been a mere day but I'm sure you've got a taste for how he is."

Rey sighed again. "It's interesting, I'll say that."

"I'm sure. But you guys seemed comfortable tonight, I mean he lets you tease him. I couldn't tease him until five years of knowing him and that was after I got promoted to be his understudy." Phasma explained.

Rey laughed. Maybe it was the alcohol in her but she felt comfortable telling Phasma a little bit of her situation. "I think he's got a bit of a soft spot for me. I can match his energy, especially in battle, and I think it makes him respect me enough to let me tease."

"I would've thought it was the bond." Phasma said casually, sipping at her wine.

Rey sat in shock for a mere second. Her hand flew to cover her mouth. "How do you know of the bond?"

It was Phasma's turn to laugh. "I may or may not have caught him talking to a wall and then wondering who the kriff he thought he was seeing."

"Oh gosh," Rey blushed wildly.

"Don't worry, the secret is safe with me. Kylo is like my younger brother, I wouldn't want to see him hurt." Phasma said sweetly, placing a hand on Rey's knee.

"Oh, you don't know how wonderful it is to have someone to talk about it with that isn't Ben!" Rey admitted.

"I could see it being annoying, having him be your only confidant." Phasma nodded.