28 || midnight hour

Start from the beginning

"Uh-huh," he grunted, a smile slipping onto his lips as he laughed softly, pulling out his key-card and holding it up between the two of them. "Whatever you say, Rose. All I ask is that you don't lose it, alright?"

Amelia bounced on the balls of her feet happily, snatching the key-card from his fingers, as she leaned forward and placed a quick kiss on his cheek.

"You're the best."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Present

Amelia hesitated outside of James' bedroom doorway as she glanced down at Steve's key-card in her hand, a soft smile creeping its way onto her lips, as she held a large blanket and one bottle of wine in her other hand. James was perched in his twin-sized bed with a book in his hands, the room illuminated by the lamp that rested on his bedside table, completely engrossed in the page he was currently on.

James lifted his head to glance at her as she stepped into the confinement of his room, his eyes observing her jeans and thick, beige cardigan with scrutiny.

"Put something warm on," Amelia ordered tentatively. "Let's go."

"Go?" he questioned curiously, his blue eyes flickering to the alarm clock on his night stand that read 12:11 AM. "Go where?"

"We're sneaking out."

The book he was previously immersed in was now resting in his lap as his eyebrows knitted together in confusion. Excitement trickled through his veins as he noticed the items Amelia held in her hands and the way her eyes lit up with exhilaration as she continued to stare at him.

"But we can't leave," he noted puzzledly.

Amelia held up the key-card with a widespread grin. "We can now."

"Did you steal that?" James asked incredulously, throwing the book off to the side as he swung his legs over the edge of the bed, swiftly standing up.

"No," she shrugged nonchalantly, nibbling at the inside of her lower lip. "I ... borrowed it."

"You're crazy," he breathed out, a grin forming on his lips as he ran his tongue across his bottom lip.

"Maybe so," Amelia chuckled softly, nudging his arm urgently with her elbow since her hands were quite full. "Now hurry up, let's go."

James' whimsical eyes observed Amelia's curly, raven-colored hair that was half up, half down, falling around her rosy cheeks before hurriedly turning around to grab a jacket and slip his feet into his boots that were next to his desk. He wasn't sure why Amelia kept going to the lengths that she did for him, but he sure wasn't complaining either.

As he followed Amelia out in the hallway and towards the elevators, he examined the way her curves moved around in her jeans as she walked. It had been days since he had a taste of her, and his mouth was practically watering at the sight of her hips swaying as she descended the corridor.

"How come you've never tried leaving?" she questioned avidly, pressing the ground level button on the wall of the elevator as they stepped inside.