Chapter Eighteen

"Together." Agreed Abigail receiving a grin from Midnight who grabbed her and teleported to her palace. "We're back!" Cried Midnight as the other leaders turned and began to growl and glare at a timid Abigail...That's when things turned ugly..."Kill her!" Cried Wolf and Zero in sync, as they drew their swords. "No stop-" Started Midnight who then was pushed away by a group leader. All Midnight saw was a bucket of water go flying into the air followed by screams. Midnight angrily stood up flicking her hands sending everyone flying back, and being slammed up against the walls as she stormed down the now parted group she froze. Abigail lay still on the floor, soaked in water her flesh burning and bubbling. Midnight winced knowing how much pain Abigail had to be in, she was holding up fine keeping a emotionless face though it was obvious she wanted to scream and cry. Midnight dropped to her knees, and grabbed Abigail's hand her eyes welling with tears. Her best friend wasn't going to die right? "I'm mellltttiiinnnggg." Whispered Abigail jokingly with a goofy grin. Midnight smirked and then burst into a fit of laughing. "Yeah sure your 'melting'." She replied hoping to get a smile in return. Alas all she got was a weak smile instead of a just simple smile..."Hey do you remember that time when you and the girls decided to scare me?" Asked Midnight giggling hoping to distract Abigail. "Oh yeah never forgot that time, at two in the morning I yelled in your room the squids found you. And you jumped out the window!" Chuckled Abigail who then paused. "So I guess this is it old friend?" Midnight shook her head allowing the tears to come, and cradled Abigail. "No it isn't your not going to die. You can't die on me then I won't see you or my son ever again. Promise me you won't leave me...." The only response was silence, Midnight looked down and........

~Flash Back~
Two little girls ran through the forest giggling and excitedly. "Hurry up Whitely!" Squealed Abigail as a girl in a cloak and sunglasses followed. "I told you that's not my name anymore it's Midnight!" Snapped the girl sounding annoyed. "I told you the only time I was ever called Whitely was before my mother died. Since I was six I've gone by Midnight!" She continued as Abigail rolled her eyes and led Midnight to a large tree. "Here..." Said Abigail holding out a bracelet, that was identical to the one she had made for herself weeks before. Midnight put it on confused at first her head was full of questions. "What's this for?" She asked as Abigail rocked back and forth on the balls of her heels. "For us so we'll always be sure to stay best friends." She said smiling, Midnight smirked and wrapped her arm around Abigail. "Until death..." Finished Midnight. Then the two best friends hugged each other tight...