Chapter Twenty-Six

~Fifteen Years Ago~

Midnight sat in the nursery with her brothers pouting, just because the new baby was born it didn't mean she and her brothers were also babies too. "Seriously Gracen is the baby not us!" She whined as her oldest brother and then identical twin brothers, only nodded in agreement. All of them except their sister were instructed to stay out of trouble, which meant they were locked in the nursery for the time being. Midnight then huffed and stood up with her arms folded. "Gerard! Justin! Josh!" She yelled as all three boys jumped. "Sh! Mid you'll wake up Gracen! You know how Mother hates when she has to try to get him to go back to sleep! After you and your loud mouth startle him awake!" Whispered Gerard the oldest brother glaring. "He's right." Said Justin and Josh in sync. "Whatever I'm used to Mother fussing at me, she likes Dusk more anyways as a daughter I fail her always." Gerard shook his head and muttered. "Now that's not true you shouldn't let yourself think anything of the sorts." Midnight sighed and looked over to then start grinning. "Eh whatever now then! I have a idea how to get out of here and have some fun." She said as her dark brown eyes were full of mischief. "Oh great here we go again." Mumbled Gerard as Midnight flicked her hand, and the door swung open. "I love the family gift say Justin?" She mocked. "Just because I'm the dud in the family, the one who doesn't have any powers, that doesn't mean you have to remind me." Replied Justin pouting slightly. "Oh I was just kidding you prissy, sensitive little girl! Now come on guys!" Retorted Midnight running out, as her three followers raced after to the kitchen.
"What's the plan?" Asked Josh as they all stopped outside the kitchen. "Well duh our sister is having a party...So they'll be a lot of tasty treats being served. Have you put it together yet?" All three boys made the kind of face that said oh, before grinning like crazy. "Let me guess Justin and I distract the cook while you and Gerard grab as much goodies as possible?" Asserted Josh tilting his head at his sister. "Bingo!" Replied Midnight as they set the plan in motion she grabbed a bag. And crept in with Gerard. While in the meantime Justin and Josh stood on the counters, and giving the cook a heart attack almost. Midnight spotted the deserts and began stuffing the bag with as many as possible, while Gerard did the same after collecting their loot all four of them retreated to the door. "Where do you think your going?" Growled the cook who was waiting at the door, with his arms outstretched. Midnight smirked and dove underneath him unlike her idiotic brothers, who ran right into the cook's arms and were caught. As she heard her brothers start calling for her help she smirked seeing if they would realize what she had done. "...WAIT YOU TRICKED US WE WERE JUST BAIT FOR YOUR PLAN TO STEAL ALL OF THAT!" Midnight heard the anger in Gerard's voice and tilted her head back laughing, while running still. "Well someone would have to take the blame for this so I decided you three would!" She heard the reply of grumbles from all three after. "We will get you back for this!" Cried Gerard at the top of his lungs. "Can't wait!" Was all Midnight said retreating to her bedroom where she stashed the goodies, and then threw on her pale silky blue gown. And tied her short brown hair back with a matching ribbon. Now to play the innocent card and try to impress her Mother for once.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dusk was amazed by the silky white ballgown her Mother gave to her, just to wear for her party since it was after all her eleventh birthday. And plus for the first time she was having a party..Thrown just for her! "Sit my love." Instructed the Queen sitting her oldest daughter in front of a vanity, where she brushed her long flowing hair humming. Dusk was so excited but on the outside she seemed calm...But really on the inside she was freaking out. "You look beautiful." Whispered the Queen with a smile, Dusk simply beamed. "You look beautiful too Mother." She replied then giggled as the Queen struck a pose in her tight fitting purple gown. Just then Midnight ran in as her hair bobbed. "Wow Dusk you look beautiful!" She exclaimed as Dusk stood up and twirled for her. "Do I look beautiful to Mother?" Asked Midnight seeking for her Mother's approval. "Yes that's nice dear." Said the Queen not paying any attention to her at all. Midnight sighed crestfallen for the moment, before plastering another smile on her face. It was time for the party anyways so she best put on a smile...