"Oh Tate. Don't ever be scared that I'm leaving cause no matter what I'll always be watching over you, but I'm going to kick cancers ass."
"Yeah you are. You're one hell of a woman." Pa said coming in and sitting in the recliner.
"I already chewed his ear out." Pa nodded.

"What' time is Chemo mama." I asked again.

"8 in the morning sweetheart." I nodded and got up.

"Pa can you and mama take me to Erin's to get my truck?" I asked.

"Are you staying there for a while or dinner with us?" Pa asked.

"Dinner with y'all. I have been away for long enough."I smiled. Pa got up and walked towards the door.

"Let's get going then." He smiled at me.

Pa yelled upstairs to see if Bailee and Bryson wanted to go. Bailee of course said yes while Bryson opened his door, shook his head, and then quickly went back into his room. I shrugged that off and went off to the truck. I sat behind the passenger seat and saw Pa and mama holding hands as he walked her to the passenger side, opened her door for her, helped her in, kissed her then shut the door and got in his side. Bailee had her headphones in her ears as she was humming some tune.

We first went all the way to Erin's. I was hoping she was home so I could get my keys from her room. When we got into the driveway she was there. I got out of the truck hearing Bailee yell that she wanted to ride with me. She stayed by the truck when I knocked on the door. Her father opened the door and engulfed me in a hug.

"Ah Tatum my boy. Ready to drink?" He asked already drunk.

"No sir, I'm here to get my truck. I'm going out with my parents tonight." I said. He looked at my dad's truck and nodded.

"Erin's in her room."

"Thank you." I said going past him and jogging up the steps. I heard that Erin was on the phone.

"Yes Hailee, I have to say I would of but, you know me. I'm not easy….. He is cute….Yes and nice... Jesus do you wanna date him?" She giggled at that. I wonder who she is talking about. "He went back to his parents Hailee. I don't know…" She said and I knocked on her door smirking. "Hold on Hailee." She said and I could hear her light foot steps to the door. When she opened the door she looked surprised seeing me. "I'm gonna call you back." She said and hung up. "Hey Tater. What's up?" She asked moving aside as I walked into her room and went to her nightstand to get my keys.

"Grabbing my keys. I'm going out to dinner with the family. Everything is okay. I gotta be around my mama. She needs strong people around her. She starts chemo tomorrow." I told her as I walked up to her and stood in front of her. I put my hand on her hip as she stared up at me.

"I hope she gets better soon Tater. It's a shame." She frowned.

"Me too. Hey, how about I text you after my mama is done Chemo tomorrow. Maybe this weekend or sometime next week we can get dinner sometime?" I asked. Her eyes lit up.

"I'd love that." She smiled. I leaned down close almost kissing her but not.

"Good. I'll see you later baby doll." I told her kissing her nice before heading away. I looked back from her door way. She had a huge smile on her face. I smiled and walked downstairs.

"Don't forget about coming back to drink one day Tatum!" I heard her father yell.

"I will!" I said leaving and shutting the door. I unlocked my truck and Bailee got in.

We all had a nice dinner. I sat next to mama. She seemed off but I could only imagine what is really going through her head. She is trying to be as strong as she can but once chemo starts I know Pa and I are going to have to be the big backbones for her. Bailee can't because she would be a wreck around ma. Bryson is off doing his own thing and Bo is busy with his music career and Kendyl.

Blood Brothersजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें