Chapter 06

"Are you okay, Zhan?" Yubin asked when both Zhan and Cheng came back to their seat.

"I'm fine!" Zhan answered still remembering the man who was with him earlier. His voice is one thing but even his scent is so familiar, I think I smelled it somewhere long time ago, why I can't remember where.

"What are you doing in the dark earlier, and it looks like your not alone! Are you with someone?" Cheng keep asking Zhan many question that it make Zhan irritated.

"ChengGe, it's rude to ask too many question to a gentleman"

"You mean to a maiden'?"

"ChengGe!!!"

"What? Do you think you can passed being a gentleman?" Cheng smirk while teasing Zhan

"ChengGe you-" Zhan's word was cut when he heard the MC presenting what he's been waiting for..

"And last but definitely not least,
[Item 7.1.14 The Charm]
The legendary and rarest item in our collection, the very first potent and effective 'Love Charm' in the world, with only 3 bottles every 10 years, made exclusively by The Orchid's descendants, ingredients and procedure only passed down thru generation, no one can easily obtain this rare item. Unfortunately we can only offer you 1 bottle for tonight, the other 1 is already sold in another auction located overseas also organized by The Orchid, and the other 1 is... Oh well waiting for someone. So we will present you this other 1,
so let's begin."

Zhan felt so excited and swallowing with his nervousness, he was sweating all over and he was only focus on the speaking auctioneer.

Auctioneer: "We will start the bid with USD$10,000"

Bidders "12,000...14,000...15,000" with just a second bids prices keeps increasing and Zhan can't even move his paddle from his nervousness.

Auctioneer: "We are in 15,000 now, another 17,000 from the back..."

"20,000..." Cheng smirkly raise his paddle, Zhan and Yubin looks at him questionably like you are not even interested what's with you?

Understanding what their thinking Cheng just shrug his shoulder and said "Just sending my Baby Brother some encouragement to raise his paddle" Cheng mockingly said only looking at the stage.

"By increasing the bid?! How is that encouragement, that is totally discouraging, dumbass!" Zhan glare at Cheng

"Watch your language young lady, you're the one getting sissy so blame yourself"

"You-" Zhan want to argue more with Cheng when he heard the current bidding price.

"We currently on 32,000...35,000..."

Zhan starts to become restless, his allocated money for this auction is almost meet, he become hopeless from it. And Cheng notice this, so he drop the last straw.

"50,000 Dollars!" Cheng said in a loud voice while looking seriously now, and Zhan who drop his paddle from his mix emotion, felt his heart was burst inside his chest, his brother Cheng knows his exact amount allocated for this auction, and he knows that his brother do that to let him knows his limit.

"52,000... 55,000... 58,000" Zhan only listen from the continues bids, it's already passed his limit so he knows it's already dead end for him to get what he wants.

When he is starts to get up, Cheng caught his wrist and pull him in the chair once again, "Where are your manner, event is not finished yet, sit."

"What's the use being here, you of all people knows my limit, is that the reason why you-" Zhan was disappointed and sad.