Chapter 03

After JiLi read the letter, a loud voice heard,
"I, Xiao Zhan choose to come to that auction"
Everyone was stunned.

While in the corner of the room an hooded man smile and whisper...

"GAME BEGINS..."

🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀

"Oy Zhan! Were you born just yesterday, or you are just pretty stupid?" HaoXuan said

"First of all No I didn't just born yesterday, I was born 25 years ago, 2nd I'm pretty but never stupid, and 3rd did I just ask your opinion on this matter?" Zhan sarcastically said.

"Zhan that invitation has a large sign of Suspicion, and you will go there? You are pretty reckless don't you think?" Yubin said

"But it's The Charm that everyone wants, and I want it to so badly, I needed to use it for~"

"W•A•N•G•Y•I•B•O" the 3 cut him by saying the name he will say.

HaoXuan facepalmed himself and said, "My suggestion try the easiest, fastest, cheapest and 100% effective way to get your Yibo!"

"What's that?" Zhan ask.

"Get naked and bend in front of him!" Jiyang, JiLi and Yubin hit his head together. The 4 look at Zhan who looking at the space and slightly smiling.

"Well that's not bad suggestion"

"Zhan, one shameless person is enough on this bar, please don't be like that as well" Jiyang stop him from his imagination by scolding him.

Zhan shakes his head, "JiyangGe what do I do what if that invitation is real, I don't want to waste it"

"It's real!" suddenly they heard someones voice on the bar counter, he was helping himself with his own drink.

"MengYaoGe, it's been a while! When did you come back?" Zhan hugs the guy who just speak.

"Zhan you become much more prettier" he tapped Zhan's head "I just came for work, since I'm in town, better to visit my knucklehead brother and our pretty Zhan"

"Why is everybody keep calling me pretty today, look I'm 25 years old man, I'm handsome, not pretty" Zhan pouts

"Look here Zhan, Beautiful, Pretty and Cute that is 3 choices that people can choose from when describing you, and Handsome will never be in the choice or should I say it will never be exist in your face!" HaoXuan pretends to look gloomy while rubbing his back.

Zhan is so embarassed again and keep hitting HaoXuan's head.

"Anyway back to the letter, how do you know that invitation is legit" JiLi ask suspiciously

"Ahh that's right I didn't tell anyone, I work at The Orchid" he answered nonchalantly while drinking some scotch.

Zhan, Jiyang, HaoXuan, Yubin and JiLi open-mouthed looking at him

Jiyang: "Seriously!"
HaoXuan: "Wow you are working with that multi-billion dollar business, The Orchid"
Yubin: "Wow!"
JiLi: "Interesting"
.
.
.
Zhan: "Dr. MengYao..."
            "Room 7-1-14..."
            "Dr. Zoey..."

Everyone is shocked with Zhan's reaction, he was looking somewhere while rubbing his head and swaying with the air, before he fall down to the floor he was caught by Yuchen who is in his back that very moment.

"MengYao help me with Zhan!" Yuchen calmly said. "Why are you here?" Yuchen ask while he is tending to Zhan's blood pressure.

"That person wants to make sure that the invitation is delivered, it's long overdue you know! Right Jiyang, HaoXuan! And besides Zhan need to know his role now, Is that also right Yubin, JiLi" MengYao said while looking at Zhan's complexion. "You can't protect him here forever YuchenGe, they are searching for him at this very moment, he is the only one hindering their plans, once they get Zhan, no one can stop them anymore!"

"We all know, even our grandfather brief me on it, but how can we let this kid face those people again, he will break this time."

"That's why you need to let him go on that auction, that person plan everything for Zhan already, he knows everything about Zhan and he will take it as an advantage to protect him." They look at Zhan gently.

The other 4 seems tense from the flow of the conversation, and the fact that this MengYao know their secrets and Yuchen didn't even flinch on it, makes of more nerve-breaking...

"Yubin, JiLi, Bring Zhan to my office, let him sleep for a while, Jiyang, HaoXuan, take care of the clients today, and if they ask for Zhan, tell them he's off today, I will call Yanli for now!" Yuchen command them sternly "MengYao, come with me, you need some explaination to your soon-sister-in-law before I let Zhan go to that auction"

Everyone follows everything Yuchen said!

In the corner, the hooded man still unnoticed by anyone, he looks at Zhan tenderly "Soon Zhan! We will meet again!" And he sneakily came out of thedark corner of the bar and came back to his car, he takes out his hooded jacket, fix his hair which cover almost half of his face in the mirror and find himself smiling while he remembers Zhan, that HaoXuan is right, even he is a grown up man, he still so cute.. He keeps smiling while driving...

'Sweet Dreams Zhan, The Charm is already waiting for you.."

***Sorry guys the mystery keeps getting more longer than expected, I keep thinking of adding some elements to make it more interesting, and I will make sure to mix it up by light and heavy part, so you can enjoy the emotional roller coaster while reading.