Ch. 2

Conner's pov

     Katie gave us a miserable look as soon as they left. We felt the same way.

   I was really disappointed. Me and Travis kind of expected something to go wrong but we really wished that it would work out.

     I glanced back over at Katie who was still, for some reason, starring at us. When she noticed me looking her way her face went pale, and her eyes went wide. My mind went blank. She was trying to communicate something to me right?

    I've heard that girls have some kind of language where they communicate through facial expressions. Is this what she was trying to do with me? Then, it hit me.

    Katie must have accidentally mixed up the potions. That's why Percy could talk, that's why she hadn't said anything yet.

    She had got the wrong drink. she took the silencing potion instead. Yes, she did talk to Percy, but the potion might take a couple minutes to kick in.

   Travis seemed to realize this at the same time as me. I heard him mutter an "oh no..." And look to me in panic. "I know." I replied, dread lacing my voice.

     Katie looked up surprised. "You can talk?" She asked in disbelief. "Wait, you can talk?!" I repeated, my tone of voice matching hers. "Wait, so does this mean that the potion just didn't work?" I questioned. "I guess." She replied disappointment lacing her voice.

    "Don't tell anyone about this!" She said, turning to us suddenly. "Why would we tell someone?" Travis said, voicing my thoughts. "Yeah," I agreed, "It would be super embarrassing if anyone found out we failed a prank."

     She glared at me. "We didn't fail!" She said, "we just didn't..." She searched for the words. "Succeed?"  I offered, giving her a smirk. "Ugh." She replied, stomping off. "You two are impossible!"

---------------

Percy's pov

      "Well, they were acting a little weird" Jason said as we walked away from the twins and Katie. "I know." I replied, "maybe they were surprised at how fast we recovered from the run?" Jason questioned causing Nico to facepalm. "They are demigods too Jason. They recovered just as fast as you did" Nico said with a 'really?' Look on his face.

     "They had to be up to something." I said brainstorming for possible answers. "Yeah, but what?" Jason asked. "I have no idea."

     We were about to separate to our cabins when Annabeth  ran up to us panting. "Where we're you guys?" She asked a little breathlessly. "I've been looking for you for forever."

    "Travis and Conner wanted to show us something in the forrest" Jason replied, "but we mostly just ran around aimlessly for a little while until we decided that some one had taken it. "Taken what?" Annabeth questioned. "I don't know." He replied. "They never told us."

    She narrowed her eyes. "Something about this doesn't sound right." She stated. "I know." I replied. "Katie was acting a little suspicious." "Hmm." She said, "Well we should probably go to bed, if they are planning some kind of prank its going to be a long day tommarro."

   With that, and a kiss goodnight from Annabeth, we all walked of to our separate cabins.