Epilogue2: Ten Years

Emilia's pov:
I'm woken up by the sun shining in my face and a jumping on my bed.

"Ugh!" I pull the blanket over my head and kick my legs around attempting to knock the person off the bed.

"Ow!" Score!

I pull the blanket off my head and sit up with a smirk. "Haha" I said with my tongue out.

"I was just here to say Happy Birthday." That's my older brother Roland. Well half older brother. But I still love him as a whole.

"Well thank you." I get up and give him a hug. "I love you Roland."

"I love you too little sister."

"Well it's about time you guys got along." Standing at the door entrance is my father.

As you all know I live with my father and two brothers, well one brother already has a family but I still have dad and Roland at home. Dad always said mom didn't want to leave us but I don't know. Everyone has a mom but me. Even Roland. Although dad and Marian aren't together anymore he still has one.

I run over to my dad and give him a hug. "Good morning Daddy!"

"Good Morning Princess." And he scoops my up into his arms.

"So... Is there something you wanted to say to me."

"Oh I almost forgot! Happy Pancake Day!"

I cross my arms over my chess and give him my pouty face. "Come on Daddy. Stop messing around."

"Oh okay! Happy Birthday Sweetheart!" And he gives me a kiss to my forehead.

"I knew you wouldn't forget." I said giggling.

"Of course I wouldn't. Oh and I believe there is a special birthday breakfast waiting for you at Granny's, so if you get change we can get going."

"Okay!" Before he puts me down I give him a kiss on the cheek.

I get changed in a pair of jeans and a plain white t-shirt. And to dress it up a bit I put a nice patterned scarf on top. I take the brush and brush it through my dark, a little past my shoulders hair. Daddy always said it looks just like my Moms. I decide to just leave my hair as it is and put a pair of boots on my feet and head downstairs.

I slide down the railing and jump into Daddy's arms.

"Let's go! Let's go! Let's go!" I said pulling him towards the door.

"Whoa! Slow down there we still have to wait for Roland."

"Ugh! He's so slow."

"Oh come on just give him some time." He said with a laugh.

"ROLAND HURRY UP!"

"Okay, okay I'm coming."
_____________
We open the door to Granny's and the entire town is there!

"Happy Birthday!" They all shout at the same time causing me to squeal.

"Aw! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" I said hugging a few people.

Over the years I have grown to know everyone considering its a pretty small town. They apparently all knew my mother.

"Happy Birthday Emilia!" Snow says.

"Thank you!" I said hugging her. Since my mom isn't here, Snow has been the closest figure to my mother.

"Okay, okay I think that's enough I bet the birthday girl is pretty hungry." Granny come out from the kitchen with a plate of blueberry pancakes.

My favorite!

"Thank you Granny!" I also give her a hug after she sets the plate down.

"No problem darling. Eat before it gets cold."
___________
Every year for my birthday we do the same thing but I still love it! What's also the same is how the day ends. After the park we head home and I get to open my presents and around 8 o'clock Daddy puts me to bed! The day is hardly ever over! I always wonder what happened to Daddy after that because I know he doesn't go to bed.

After the park we get home and its present time!

"Presents!" I scream causing Roland and Dad to laugh.

We sit on the couch and Roland hands me his presents first. They mainly consist of little toys but the last one was a decent sized box. I open it up and I here a gasp coming from Dad. It's a monkey stuffed animal.

"Come on Roland I'm ten not a baby." I said rolling my eyes.

"What I thought you'd like it." Roland said coming back from the kitchen. He drops his cup once he realizes what was actually inside the box.

What's so special about a stuffed monkey?

"No! That's not the right gift!" He said literally sprinting here and taking it out of my hands. "Here this ones your's." He said throwing me another box.

"Aren't you 16? What are still doing playing with stuffed animals?" I said laughing.

"Shut up!" Usually when Roland said something like that Dad would step in and tell him to stop but he just gets up and walks upstairs.

"I'm going to my room." And soon I'm the only one downstairs.

My eyes begin to water. Did I do something wrong?

After a few minutes I walk up stairs and knock on Daddy's bedroom door.

"Daddy?" I said with crack in my voice from the tears. I hear a sigh and footsteps coming to the door. I back up a little and the door opens. "I'm sorry daddy." I said looking up.

"No don't even say that! I'm the one who should be sorry. What kind of father am I to leave my daughter by herself on her birthday." He smiles. He puts on the same smile every single day.

It's like he's forcing himself to smile. His eyes are all empty and he puts a fake smile on his face like he's always sad which makes me sad.

"Come on let's go you still have a few presents to open." Daddy hands me his presents. They consist of dresses, bows, movies, and a few books.

"Envelopes?" I say when I open the last gift.

He takes a deep breath before he says, "They're from your mother."
***
I've been doing pretty good with updating, if I do say so myself. I already have a chapter ready after this one.
Just got to wait.