The Baby pt.1

It was now halfway through the new school year. Ezra was 15 and in 10th grade along with all of his friends. He was a very good student and never really got into trouble. Maya and carina were so proud of him when he got a 100% on his biology quiz even though he said it wasn't that hard. Ezra has a psychology class that he loves and today they had two options 1) take a long test on Monday or 2) babysit Mrs.Greens baby for the weekend and get full credit on the test.

Mrs.Green was sure that no one was going to take her baby for 48 hours because it's a baby+the weekend=not a fun weekend. Just then Ezra raised his hand "I'll watch your baby for the weekend Mrs.Green". She was about to say no when she realized that isla and Sasha would be with him all weekend so they would be fine. "Ok! Ezra you don't have to take the quiz on Monday!"

After class Mrs.Green handed Ezra a large diaper bag and the baby carrier with a 3 month old baby boy sleeping away inside. " I honestly thought no one was going to take him this weekend so I came Ill prepared. He's still drinks breast milk so I have to go home and get more of the little pouches so he doesn't starve" she said with a laugh. "I know this makes me sound unprepared but...does he come with instructions of any kind." Ezra asked looking at the baby.

Of course Ezra would ask a question like that. "Actually yes there is a little packet in there with everything you need. Will you be at the station later?" Ezra had to think to see if he was going there or just straight home. "Yes I will be at the station!" He said with a smile. "Ok good because I need to drop off some extra things. Do you need a ride over or do you just want to use the stroller?" Ezra looked so confused "there's a stroller on this thing? Oh wait I see the wheels" Ezra pressed a few buttons and the wheels came down and the handle bar extended. Now he had a stroller. "That's amazing! I'm sure it's so much easier to get around now." He said looking all around the stroller,baby carrier, car seat thing.

"I usually walk with Ron, Sasha, and Isla. They usually come to the station with me after school or just to my house." Mrs.Green still was a little worried but not enough to make her change her mind " ok then you and Ross have a good weekend. I'll call periodically to get updates. Have fun Ezra!" Ezra walked down the hallway to collect his things from his locker.

Now it was time to take care of baby Ross for the weekend "to the station baby" he said looking at the baby who was still sleeping. Isla,Sasha, and Ron then caught sight of their friend with a stroller " is this Mrs.Green's Baby?" They all asked. Ezra nodded a little nervous. "You didn't steal him did you?" Ron asked laughing. "Absolutely not I did not steal the baby but I have him for the weekend so get used to it" they were all so excited because now they got to have a baby for the weekend even though it was Ezra who took him.

They all walked into the station when Ross started crying. "Oh Goodness what's wrong buddy?" Ezra asked sympathetically. "Ezra he can't tell you what's wrong he's 3 months old" Ron said laughing at him. "Ron I know that but I'm giving him a chance to express his feelings to us." Ron rolled his eyes and the girls just observed. " are you hungry, or maybe you need a diaper change, let's find out."

Ezra took the "instructions" out of the diaper bag and read "after he wakes up he's usually in need of a diaper change and some food." Ezra grabbed a diaper and the things he needed for a bottle. "Okay little buddy let's get to work. Ron read the instructions on the pouch and make a bottle I'll go change him ok?" Ron looked over the instructions "ok...321 BrEaK!"

"You guys got this" Sasha laughed. "I'll go check one ron and make sure he's doing it right." Isla said holding in a giggle. The boys were actually doing a great job. Ezra struggled a bit with the snap things on the bodysuit but other than that it was smooth sailing. "Good job Ezra that was efficient especially since you tucked him arms into his sleeve so he couldn't move then" Sasha said making a face at the now calm baby. Ezra stood up and said "ok now how do I hold you? I'm gonna have to look that up"

Sasha was now laughing so hard she could barely breathe. "You agreed to take care of an infant for the weekend and you don't even now how to hold him? Wow Ezra!" Ezra was now laughing as well " well then help me instead of laughing at me" after Sasha was done making fun of Ezra she got down on the ground with him and Ross "put one of your hands behind his neck so that he doesn't break it when you pick him up. He's too little to have any muscle tone in his neck so you have to support that but also since you have huge hands you can support his neck and upper back with one hand." Ezra carefully put one hand under Ross's neck and upper back and then logically used the other hand to scoop under his butt and lower back. "Ok good now when your standing up you can use that bottom hand and kind of slide it up so you ran re-position your hands and hold him closer to you."

Ezra did exactly that and then let go of a breath he didn't even know he was holding. "I did it! We did it Ross, you are now off the ground!" Ezra said celebrating this very small victory. They 3 of them walked up to the Beanery where the whole team was sitting at the table and Ron was checking the temperature of the milk to make sure it was just right. " here you go sir your breast milk. High quality best in the house!" Ron said earning a laugh all around. " so Ezra who's baby is that" captain Bishop said "My psychology teacher Mrs.Green! She said to the class whoever takes her kid for the weekend gets an automatic A on the quiz on Monday and while I did study I offered anyway. So now I have Ross and we've already become really good friends." Ross was practically chugging the small 6 ounce bottle and Ezra had to stop a few times so he could catch his breath.

After he was done with his bottle Ezra burped him with caused Ross to spit up all over Ezras arm. "Ok that's gross man be considerate of others." Ezra said cleaning up his arm. "How's my little booboo doing?" Mrs.Green said as she walked into the room with a bag of stuff for Ross. "He's doing great! He woke up from his nap, we changed his diaper, fed him, burped him, so he's all good for now" Ezra was proud of his accomplishments and so was Ron to be completely honest. "I made the bottle by the way" Ron said proudly "I'm very proud of you both" she said with a smile. "This is all the other stuff he needs for bed time. Just some more clothes diapers more milk and some stuff for a bath if you decide he needs one". The girls looked through all the stuff. "Ok well that's all I needed to give you..I'm going on a date with my wife so you guys have fun!" "I didn't know you had a wife?" Ron said as she was almost at the door. "You didn't need to." She said laughing.

It had been 2 hours since they got to the station and Ross was having a blast . "Does he need a nap? Wait what time is bedtime?" Sasha looked at the packet and said "bedtime is at 8:00 but she said he usually falls asleep before then and nap times are whenever we think he needs one." Everyone looked over at the baby and he just started to giggle. "I think he's ok for now don't you think?" Isla said to group. Everyone nodded in agreement.

Carina comes to the station after her shift at the hospital and when she saw Ezra with a baby she freaked out "EZRA MICHEAL BISHOP DELUCA!" Ezras head whipped around so fast his neck almost broke "is Micheal my middle name?" He asked trying to change the mood. "Yes as of today your middle name is Micheal but that's besides the point...who's baby is that Ezra?" Ron started to laugh "did he tell you it was his? It's his weekend" Ezra glared at Ron because this was not the time for jokes. "What....." carina said Visibly angry. "Mamma it's not my baby. This is Ross Green my psychology teacher gave him to me for the weekend and in return for watching him she's giving me an automatic 100% on the quiz Monday." Carina immediately calmed down and started laughing "oh...ok your mom told me that you had a baby for the weekend and I panicked a little" Ezra was still a little scared but Ross seemed unbothered.
"Is everyone ready to go home? Shift just ended and Ezra you have a long weekend ahead of you"

Thank you for reading! Sorry for the big time jump and I know this chapter is a bit longer than the other ones 😅