The Accident

TW: Graphic content, abuse, trauma

This shift was long and boring. There were no calls and all the team really did was routine chores. Captain Maya Bishop was sitting at her desk when all of the sudden she hears *aid car 19 to 1976 red run court* The Captain was out of her seat and in the rig before the announcement even had time to replay "Warren let's go we finally have someplace to be and NOW your taking your time" she yelled with impatience "ok ok ok I was getting dressed. You don't want me naked in the front seat do you?"He asked playfully "No Warren I do not want your bare ass on these seats now let's get moving" Warren turned on the sirens and pulled out of the station.

***later at the scene***

Warren and Bishop arrive at the scene. It's a small one story home with a fenced in backyard. "Hey Captain look at all of that stuff in the backyard! It looks like someone actually lives back there." Warren said with confusion "that is weird but I'm sure it's nothing" the blonde replied. The two started for the door when the noticed that it was already open. They stand in the entrance and see two people. A tall teenage boy with red hair and deep lacerations in either arms going from his collar bone to his finger tips, and an older lad with a bloody knife in one hand and a revolver in the other.

The boy is in shock from his injuries and the man sees the two firefighters and points his gun at them "stay back or I'll shoot" he says waiving the muzzle around. Bishop calls into her radio *this is captain bishop I'm going to need PD at the scene please* The young boy still bleeding on the floor staring at the two of them. Right when Warren was about to take a step towards the boy the older man pulls the trigger....the shot rang out...and then he hit the floor his weapons following shortly after. Warren and Bishop run to the boy who is sitting now in a pile of his own and the other mans blood. "Don't worry son we're going to help you. What's your name?" Warren asks while trying to control the bleeding "Ezra....my name is Ezra... I don't know my last name my dad never told me" the boy said still trembling. "Is that your dad?" that captain asked motioning to the body on the ground across from them. Ezra nods. " don't worry Ezra we're going to control your bleeding and get you to the hospital to get you fixed up ok?" Captain Bishop says putting a hand on his head trying to comfort him in any way she can.

***At Grey-Sloan Memorial***

"Ezra, 14 year old boy, deep lacerations to both arms, lost 2 pints of blood in the field but bleeding is now controlled" Warren gave Dr.Owen Hunt the run down as they move the boy to trauma one " Ezra buddy talk to me how did this happen?" The doctor asked while getting Ezras vitals and booking an OR. "My dad got mad at me for coming home late, he was drunk as he usually is but I'd never seen him so Angry. I was expecting him to hit me like he usually does but he cut me instead and he cut  my stomach as well. I haven't seen what it is yet..OH I'm also allergic to anesthesia" Dr. Hunt stood there and almost didn't know what to say. "Ok Ezra we won't give you anesthesia during the surgery and we're going to fix your arms ok ?" Ezra looked pleased at the idea. Dr. Hunt took him to the OR and left the fire captain and her partner in the ambulance bay ready to go back to the station.

***on the way back***

Captain bishop and Ben Warren were on there way back to the station when maya pulled out her phone and texted her Italian girlfriend Carina DeLuca

Maya: hey baby!
Carina: ciao Bella :) what's up
Maya: I brought in a teen who was pretty roughed up and I wanted to know if you could check up on him and give me updates?
Carina: of course Bella! What's his name?
Maya: his name is Ezra...he doesn't know what his last name is. But he's in surgery with Owen hunt if that helps.
Carina: ok I'll look around and keep you posted !
Maya: I love you!
Carina: i love you too Bella <3

***at the station***
There wasn't much to do back at the station except wait for the shift to be over and occasionally check for updates on Ezra. Who Captain bishop was actually really worried about. When her shift ended she packed up and got in her car. She was just about to drive home when she got a text from carina

Carina: I found him! he's out of surgery and he's stable. So many stitches and sutures though, poor Bambino :(

Thank you so much for reading !!! This was my first chapter so I hope you liked it