𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈

Sam, Bucky, and Y/n run up to Sharon, tires screech near them and they all look to see Zemo. "Hello..." Zemo pulls up in a car and smiles, "Supercharged." Sam sharply exhales, pointing a finger at Zemo, "You're going back to jail," Zemo takes off his mask, "Do you want to find Karli or not?"

Bucky, still holding his shoulder, shakily breathes, "He's right. We need him. And there's three of us, and at least 20 of them. Come on,"

Sam sighs, "Fine. But if you try that shit again..." Zemo holds up his hand, "I wouldn't dream of it," Sam hops in the back of the car with Y/n, letting Bucky sit up front, Sharon stands outside of the car next to Y/n, "Well, that was one hell of a reunion," Y/n laughs, her face slowly becoming serious, "Come back to the States with us,"

"I told you I can't. Just get me that pardon Sam promised me," Y/n nods and smiles, "Thanks for everything," Sharon nods, "I should be thanking you," with that, Zemo takes off, leaving Sharon to fend for herself.

Sam kicks the back of Bucky's seat, "You're not gonna move your seat up, are you?"

"No."

. . .

After the quartet left Sharon, she got into her own car around the corner of the alley, "We've got a big problem. Actually, a couple of them. I'll tell you in the car. Let's go," she says into her phone.

. . .

Karli and Nico - the main contributors to the Flag Smashers - stand on a street corner in Latvia, Nico looks at Karli, who is rocking on her heels, "Have you thought about taking some time to mourn?"

Karli avoided her gaze, "Look, we don't have to do this right now," Nico sighed at his friend, "Yes, we do," he pauses for a minute, "Did you ever think you'd end up here, doing this? I was always scrambling for a way out, you know. Even thought about jumping in with the military, at one point, but, uh... apparently mob security in Madripoor paid better," this caught Karli's attention.

She turns to Nice and smiles, "I always thought I'd be a teacher," she chuckles, "Like Mama Donya, maybe, like, History or Art or something," she laughs and holds her hands up, creating an image with her gestures, "Professor Karli Morgenthau."

"Never thought I'd end up there, but then when everybody returned, and we got put out on the street, I knew that it was the only place that had something that I could use to protect us. Do you remember how scared we were when we took the serum? Felt like my veins were on fire. Prayed it'd kill me. But it was worth it, because this world is ours," Karli smiled sentimentally at Nico's statement, "Should have been Mama Donya's."

"We're gonna use all of our strength to give it to the kids in those camps," Nico looked at her concerned, "You know, the Power Broker is gonna catch up with us eventually, right?" Karli sighs, "That's not a problem," Nico's phone chimes.

"Nagel was killed in Madripoor. We've got the last of the serum. The Power Broker is about to come begging. So we just have the one fight ahead of us then?"

"I'll take those odds," Nico puts a reassuring hand on her shoulder, "Maybe you get to be a teacher after all this is over, right?"

"Maybe. We've got all we need here," she says, looking up and smiling at him.

. . .

Walker and Lemar move along the hallways of a German prison, "You said that Sam, Y/n, and Bucky were here on the same day this happened?" John asked Lemar, "Correct, you don't think they had anything to do with him getting out?"

"Thank you," they stopped in the middle of the hallway, "What? So, you seriously think Sam and Bucky would've broken a guy like Zemo out of prison?" John chuckles, "That's exactly what I think they did. They were just as desperate for leads like we were," Lemar hit him in the shoulder, "Come on, man. You know, damn well, we can't accuse 'em of something like that without evidence."