𝐕𝐈

A guard took the three through the facility, "He's just through that corridor."

"All right. Give us a sec," the man nodded and walked away, Bucky turned to his team, "I'm gonna go in alone."

"What? Why?"

"'Cause, Sam, you're an Avenger. You know how he feels about that."

"Then send me in," Y/n volunteered herself to talk to the criminal, but her idea was quickly shot down.

"No."

"Look, it's not like you two were known for frolickin' in the sun together, we can send Y/n in,"

"No. He was obsessed with HYDRA. We have a history together. Trust me. I got it," Bucky walked down the hall towards the door of Zemo's cell, but turned around when he heard a voice, "Barnes... be careful," he slowly nodded and walked into the room.

Sam looks over to Y/n with a shit-eating grin, in response, she rolls her eyes, "What?"

"You ever gonna talk about what happened back there with Raynor?"

"Are you?"

"Touché. But for real, you two definitely have some issues you need to fuck-" before he finishes his sentence, he gets a punch in the arm, he rubs the wound with his other hand and corrects himself, "Work out. You two have some issues you need to work out," Y/n scowls at him, and Sam looks around the empty hallway, "So are we just gonna wait here for your lover boy, or are we going to go somewhere else," he receives another punch to the arm and Y/n quickly walks away from him.

"Aww, Y/n, I was kidding! Hey, where are you going? Y/n?" Sam rolls his eyes and runs after her.

. . .

Zemo hears the outside door close and he sits up seeing Bucky standing on the other side of the glass.

"Желание. Семнадцать. Ржавый."

Bucky keeps a straight face, "Those days are over."

"I know. I just wanted to see how the new you reacts to the old words. Something is still in there. At least you were not conscious for most of your imprisonment."

"That time wasn't exactly a picnic."

"For what it's worth, I'm sorry. It was never personal. You were simply a means to a necessary end."

Bucky ignores the man's apology, "Someone recreated the super-soldier serum. I need to find out who."

"You are assuming HYDRA has something to do with this, which is why you came to me, which means you are desperate, " Zemo grins, "Luckily for you, I know where to begin."

"What's the book you're reading?"

"Machiavelli."

. . .

Y/n and Sam meet up with Bucky in a mechanical garage, "What are you talking about? You wanna break Zemo outta jail? Where the hell are we, Buck? Have you lost your mind?"

"We have no leads, no moves, nothing."

"What we have is one of the most dangerous men in the world behind bars. And we already had one close call with a prison break!"

"And we also have eight Super Soldiers that are loose."

"Zemo's gonna mess with our minds. Especially yours and hers. No offense."

"Offense," Y/n puts a hand on her chest.

"Super Soldiers go against everything he believes in. He is crazy, but he still has a code."