𝐗

Back in the boiler room, John waits impatiently, "Uh-uh. No, no, no. This is a bad idea," Lemar walks over to him, "It hasn't been ten minutes, John. Just sit tight,"

"Don't do that. Don't patronize me."

"She knows what she's doing." Bucky tells the impatient man, John grabs the shield, "I'm goin' in. This is all really easy for you, isn't it? All that serum runnin' through your veins. Barnes, your girlfriend needs backup in there. Do you really want her blood on your hands?" John pushes Bucky and Sam out of the way of the door and bursts into the room where Y/n and Karli are.

"Karli Morgenthau, you're under arrest."

Karli's jaw drops, she yanks her hand from Y/n's, "So, this is what that was?"

"No, Karli wait...I swear I didn't know," Karli backs up, "Tricking me until your backup arrived? No, I think we had enough time to talk. Traitor," Karli darts out the door, John follows behind her, Bucky, Sam and Lemar on his tail.

Y/n lets out a loud, annoyed groan, and runs after the men, she meets up with them at the top of a staircase, "I lost her. This place is a maze," Y/n smacks him across the face, "This is exactly what I didn't want! You selfish bitch! You just had to be the hero, huh? I was making progress with her! I told you that I could do it! But your fragile masculinity couldn't handle the fact that I was dealing with her. You just lost our- my entire operation!"

A loud noise is heard from another room, the group goes running, they see Zemo standing in the room and John throws the shield at him, knocking him out, John runs down, "Is this what I think it is?"

"No, no!" Y/n bends down, checking for Zemo's pulse, Sam looks around the room, Y/n stands up and walks up to him, "Did you find the vials?"

"They've been destroyed."

. . .

Karli and her friends stand together in a boarding house, "You know, when we first came together, I mean, what were the chances that we'd all be assigned to the same quarter? To find people I would've never met, people I would've been taught to hate if I lived somewhere else? I thought we'd been... Chosen. But now, I just wish there were a dozen more of us to fight."

One of the soldiers stands up, "We're still stronger than they are."

Karli smiles ominously, "We started this together and that's how we'll end it. Can't function with them on our heels. There's no way around. We're gonna have to deal with them. That includes Y/n L/n," Karli's cellphone chimes, "It's...It's the Power Broker," Karli put the phone on speaker, "You play revolutionary on borrowed time, little girl. I want the serum back or... I will find you, and I will end you".

Nico puts a hand on her shoulder, "We cannot fight two wars and win."

"I'll deal with the Power Broker when the time comes. And I know a way that we can deal with Y/n without getting involved in a direct fight."

"Yeah? How do you propose we do that?"

"We separate them. And then we kill Captain America."

. . .

In Zemo's house, Y/n sulks around, Sam sits next to her, "Y/n, you can't hold out hope for Karli. No matter what you saw in her, she's gone," Zemo walks over to her butting in, "And we cannot allow that she and her acolytes become yet another faction of gods amongst real people. Super Soldiers cannot be allowed to exist."

Y/ stands up, getting close to his face, "Isn't that how gods talk? And if that's how you feel, what about Barnes?"

"Blood isn't always the solution," the front door opens and closes, Bucky walks in, "Something's not right about Walker."