The Seven Potters

Comincia dall'inizio

Harry could see flaws in this plan, I could tell, however, he decided to hold his tongue to give Mad-Eye the chance to address them.
    "Now, your mother's charm will only break under two conditions: when you come of age, or you no longer call this place home." Moody said and gestured around the pristine kitchen.
    "You and your aunt and uncle are going your separate ways tonight, in the full understanding that you're never going to live together again, correct?" Moody said.

Harry nodded.

    "So this time, when you leave, there'll be no going back, and the charm will break the moment you get outside its range. We're choosing to break it early, because the alternative is waiting for You - Know - Who to come and seize you the moment you turn seventeen." Moody said.

    "The one thing we've got on our side is that You - Know - Who doesn't know we're moving you tonight. We've leaked a fake trail to the Ministry. They think you're not leaving until the thirtieth. However, this is You - Know - Who we're dealing with, so we can't rely on him getting the date wrong.
He's bound to have a couple of Death Eaters patrolling the skies in this general area, just in case. So, we've given a dozen different houses every protection we can throw at them.
They all look like they could be the place we're going to hide you, they've all got some connection with the Order. My house, Kingsley's place, Molly's Auntie Muriel's, you get the idea." Moody said.

    "Yeah." Harry said.
    "You'll be going to Tonks's parents. Once you're within the boundaries of the protective enchantments we've put on their house you'll be able to use a Portkey to the Burrow. Any questions?"

"Er, yes. Maybe they won't know which of the twelve secure houses I'm heading for at first, but won't it be sort of obvious once seventeen of us fly off toward Tonks's parents?" Harry said as he did a quick head count.
   "Ah, I forgot to mention the key point. Seventeen of us won't be flying to Tonks's parents. There will be seven Harry Potters moving through the skies tonight, each of them with a companion, each pair heading for a different safe house. Jason, Jacob and Michael ate going to provide extra support if things take a turn for the worst." Moody said.

From inside his cloak Moody now withdrew a flask of what looked like mud. There was no need for Moody to say another word. Harry understood the rest of the plan immediately.
   "No! No way!" Harry said loudly, his voice ringing through the kitchen.
   "I told them you'd take it like this." I  said with a hint of complacency.
    "If you think I'm going to let six people risk their lives –!" Harry said.
    "– because it's the first time for all of us." Ron said. .
   "This is different, pretending to be me –" Harry said defiantly.
    "Well, none of us really fancy it, Harry. Imagine if something went wrong and we were stuck as specky, scrawny gits forever." Fred said earnestly with a teasing smile.

Harry did not smile.

   "You can't do it if I don't cooperate, you need me to give you some hair." Harry said.
    "Well, that's the plan scuppered. Obviously there's no chance at all of us getting a bit of your hair unless you cooperate." George said.
   "Yeah, sixteen of us against one bloke who's not allowed to use magic." Jason said also teasing.
    "We've got no chance." Jacob said with a confident smile.
   "Funny, really amusing." Harry said.
   "If it has to come to force, then it will. Everyone here's overage, Potter, and they're all prepared to take the risk." Moody growled, his magical eye now quivering a little in its socket as he glared at Harry.

Mundungus shrugged and grimaced. I shot him a quick glare. The magical eye swerved sideways to glance at him out of the side of Moody's head.
    "Let's have no more arguments. Time's wearing on. I want a few of your hairs, boy, now." Moody growled.
    "But this is mad, there's no need." Harry tried to argue.