Chapter 4: Aunt Edie's trunks

I turned thirteen and had finally grown a bit, not as much as I would have liked, but enough for my clothes to become too small for me. Jason was in the same boat. Mum took us shopping. School clothes were the priority. Done.

Now for some jeans and trainers. Oh, oh. Mum's credit card was 'maxed out'. She got out her other one; only enough on that to buy half the items. I dropped my head, "Get Jason's stuff, Mum, I'll get by somehow."

"Oh, thank you sweetie, we'll try to get your gear next week," ('and pigs might fly' I thought).

When we got home, Jason hugged me saying, "I've got the best little sister in the world."

"Stop it, Jason," but I was pleased.

One regret. I wish I had, at the time, thought to mention the credit card problems to Brett - you'll see why.

Back to Aunt Edie's trunks. Most of the stuff was still a bit too big for me, but I found a pair of dark blue slacks - too long and clearly female. Turn the cuffs up, and they'd have to do for the time being.

A pair of fairly plain black shoes with a slightly built-up heel (I'll take anything that makes me look taller, I admitted to myself) and I could probably cut off the little bows.

A t-shirt, not too girly. I could use it.

Undies. I didn't have enough pairs. Should I? Oh, why not; who would know, I'll wash them out myself. I grabbed half a dozen pairs of my dead aunt's panties.

None of my family made any comment on my attire as, over the next few days, I slowly sneaked out the various items for 'public view'.

My raids on the trunks continued and I began to grow into more of the clothes.