Just like always.

"(Y/N) is so cool." A guy said to his friend. "She literally can glare at me for an hour and I'd let her."

"(Y/N)?" Kai asked the frightened boy.

"Y-yes!" The boy said, along with his friend who was also frightened.

He cried and cried until there were no more tears left to cry. It was the usual time of day, him crying alone by the flower beds in the gardens. Always being reminded of the fact that his father will never look at his way.

Today, he tried to talk to him but he didn't spare a single glance at him. Peter always ignored him, as usual. But today he cried it out, because it was painful to see his own father dismissing him for millionth time of his nine years of life.

"Don't bother me." Was Peter's words everytime Kai tried to show him his school grades, his drawings, his new toys or even just him simply showing up.

It has always been like that.

"Why are you crying?" A voice from behind suddenly said.

"W-wha-how-" He said, surprised by the girl who only stared at him in curiousness.

"Why were you crying?" She asked again.

"I wasn't crying."

"You were."

She's persistent. "Shut up, crying is for babies and losers."

"It's alright to cry, let your emotions out once in a while. That's what my mom said." She said, blinking at him innocently. "Whatever you're crying about, everything will be alright."

Right, like it's that simple. "Let me guess, you're mom told you that too?"

"No." She said. "I said that."

He was surprised, blushing for a little while. She's cute when she stares like that, he thought. "Well it doesn't matter anyway, it doesn't change a thing."

"I'm sure all will be alright." She blinked again, she was innocent looking that he didn't know how this girl was possibly this innocent. She was cute too, incredibly cute.

"(Y/N)! There you are." Norman shouted from behind, his loud footsteps being heard as he runs towards them.

"I was looking for you- hey Kai!" Norman turned to his cousin, smiling softly.

"Hey." He quietly said, not making any eye contact at the boy.

"Kai?" (Y/N) asked. "Your name is Kai?"

"He's my cousin." Norman said, happy introducing his cousin. But they weren't cousins, they aren't even blood-related.

"Ooh." (Y/N) nodded in understanding.

"Anyway, let's go back inside and play (Y/N)." Norman smiled at her, taking her hand. "Wanna join, Kai?"

"No." He coldly said, looking away from Norman.

"Bye Kai." (Y/N) said, waving as she gets dragged by Norman towards the inside of the manor.

That was the first and last conversation he had with (Y/N). He only looked from afar, wishing to talk to her again. She was always preoccupied with Norman, she was always with Norman.

He admitted that he was jealous. As he grew up, he didn't have everything he wanted. He had everything they gave him, but he didn't want them. When he looked at Norman and (Y/N) back then, he thought not even the girl he really likes would be his as well.

He was also a little shy to even talk to her again so there's that.

Before meeting her again today, after his month long suspension, he had known her being dumped by Norman through the phone. Which was a really f-cked up move for Norman. He was so angry back then that he almost punched the guy, but decided not to as to how observant the whole family is.

"Why would you do that?!" Kai asked in anger, holding his collar.

Kai heard Norman talk to (Y/N) through the phone. He was a little curious as Norman never really met up with his 'beloved girlfriend' for a week. To his surprise, he didn't expect the conversation to end with Norman ending things.

What kind of a douche breaks up over the phone? He's got some guts to do that.

"So?!" Norman pushed him off. "It's none of your business! Why are you even mad?"

"You broke up, with a girl who you didn't talk to for a week, over the phone!" Kai sarcastically said. "And we're going away next week! You're not even going to face her?"

"What's your deal?" Norman asked in annoyance. "I said it's none of your business!"

None of his business, huh? He told the girl that she only reminded him of someone from the past! Didn't Norman know how hurtful that was towards a person? To be used to fill the empty and lonely void inside of Norman so selfishly?

Kai was about to swing a punch at the thirteen-year old boy, (they're the same age) when suddenly someone knocked on the door. "Hello? Mister Norman? What's with all the shouting?"

"Nothing." Norman quietly said.

"Please get ready sir, we are taking your father to the cemetery today." Both of the boys became sad after hearing the statement.

Kai loved James, he took care of him like he was his son. Unlike some jerk of a man who can't even look at his son.

"Yes, I will." Norman answered, before glancing at Kai. "Get out, Kai."

He wouldn't have to say twice.

"Holy crap, it's her!" Some girl squealed from the lockers, pointing at someone walking down the hallway.

"Her glares are scary." Someone shivered.

"But you can't deny it's cool." Someone replied.

Kai stared at the girl who walked down in confidence, not even minding her surroundings. She had an annoyed expression on her face, her hands resting inside her skirt's pockets. Her (E/C) eyes pierced through him as she glances at him for a second before continuing to walk down the hallway.

Holy crap it was. (Y/N)'s cute and adorable eyes that were once blinking so innocently were now replaced with fierce and intimidating ones. Yes, she was cool indeed.

He grinned, staring at the disappearing figure of (Y/N). This is his chance, an opportunity to talk to her. Since he had that much confidence now, and since he wanted to show Norman how to properly treat a girl.

A/N:

Not Peter practically disowning his son.

Heyo! Kai Ratri is just an oc! I just made him up in my mind. He's also a sad, lonely soul.

Anyway, new rival ig? 👀