three

TW: MENTION OF RAPE AND ABUSE

Three

This was the second time Ashton saw her crying, but this was so much pain, and it was hard to see. "Please stop," Kemper begged, sobbing.

"I know it hurts, sweetheart," Ashton hugged her tightly. Kemper continued to sob as Sierra continued to feel around, but stopped after a couple of minutes.

"All done, darling," Sierra reassured, but Kemper continued to sob as Ashton hugged her tightly. "I'm going to get you some painkillers and a relaxer," Sierra walked over to the cabinet and got the fluid, then put it in her IV. "I'm going to call Luke and Michael back in, alright?" Sierra said and Kemper nodded in agreement. Sierra paged Luke and Michael back in, who quickly walked in. "There is no tearing with the tissue, just a lot of bruising and swelling. If it gets worse I'm going to order an ultrasound, but right now she's in a lot of pain so I don't want to make it worse with an ultrasound,"

"Alright, thank you," Luke thanked his wife, then glanced over at Kemper who was still crying into Ashton's shirt.

"If you need anything, Kemper, just let me know, ok?" Sierra said and Kemper nodded, "I'll check on you later," Sierra quickly let herself out, with Luke following.

"Sierra-" Luke started, but Sierra spun around, emotionally upset.

"You didn't tell me it was a child, Luke," Sierra scolded quietly.

"I know, I'm sorry," Luke apologized and pulled her into a hug as tears fell down her cheeks.

"I've never had to do an examination like that with a child," Sierra barely got out as Luke hugged her tightly. "How could someone do that to a child?"

"I don't know," Luke whispered, holding his tears back. The two stayed like that for a minute, until Sierra broke the hug.

"I gotta go fill out the paperwork," Sierra whispered. Luke nodded, giving her a kiss on her forehead before she walked off not saying another word. Luke sighed and went back into the room where Kemper was finally calmed down. It has been a long day, and Kemper definitely was exhausted.

"Kemper, baby, it's getting late," Luke told her as he saw she was fighting off the relaxer. "How about you get some rest?"

"Ok," Kemper whispered. All their shifts were over, and once Kemper was situated they could leave.

"Tomorrow we'll see you, do you need anything?" Ashton asked, but Kemper shook her head. "Not just medical stuff, but other things we can go get," Ashton corrected.

"My foster dad ruined my blankie, so I can't get another," Kemper whispered. Ashton already made a mental note to go get her a new blanket.

"Is there anything we can get you now?"

"Is beauty and the beast on?"

"I can check," Michael offered, but didn't see it, "Little Mermaid in on, do you want that?"

"Yes please," Kemper nodded.

"Maybe tomorrow you can meet the rest of our friends here, how does that sound?" Luke suggested and Kemper nodded. "Alright princess, we'll see you tomorrow, sleep well,"

"Night," Kemper whispered as each of them gave her a quick kiss either on her forehead or top of her head, then left. For an hour Kemper was alone, watching the little mermaid, but little did know that Luke and Sierra were still in the office, doing research on Kemper and filling out the rest of the paperwork.

"Darling, what are you doing up?" Sierra asked.

"I don't wanna sleep," Kemper whispered. Luke sighed as he sat on the edge of the bed, followed by Sierra.

"Do you want me to stay with you here?" Luke asked, before Sierra could protest saying she would stay, Luke cut her off. "Sierra had a long day as well and needs to go home and get rest, but tomorrow she can bring you something, is there anything you want?"

"A unicorn," Kemper said.

"What color?" Sierra asked.

"Pink," Kemper said and Sierra chuckled.

"I'll get it," Sierra reassured her and Kemper smiled.

"I'm going to walk Sierra out, then I'll come back," Luke said and Kemper agreed. Once the two were walking down the hallway, Luke spoke up. "You need rest and a moment alone to get out your emotions, plus Petunia needs to be let out," Luke explained and Sierra sighed.

"Please call if she needs anything,"

"I will," Luke reassured her. The two said their goodbyes, then Luke went back up and sat in the visiting chair, noticing Kemper was still awake. "Kemp, you can't keep fighting off the relaxers,"

"I don't wanna sleep," Kemper muttered. Luke sighed as he got up, giving her another relaxer, then moving the chair a little bit in front of the door, but enough for nurses to get in. "No one who isn't supposed to be here won't come in, ok?" Luke reassured her and Kemper nodded, soon giving into the relaxer and falling asleep followed by Luke.