The Beginning

Friday:

'What time is it?' you take a moment to open your eyes and let them adjust. You reach for your phone that was charging on your nightstand, it's 6:45 am. 

"Good morning..." you hear a deep raspy voice call out from behind you. The bedsheets move as the body behind you shifts. Their arm slithers around you and slowly pulls you closer, resting your back on their chest. 

"Good morning, Kuroo." you slowly turn to face him. And there he was. Eyes still closed and hair messed up as usual. Your husband, Kuroo. 

He finally opens his eyes to meet yours and smiles. He gently lays multiple kisses on your forehead. 

"I love you," he says in a childish voice. 

"I love you too," you giggle back. 

"Mom! We're going to be late!" you prop your head up to see your daughter waiting for you at your door. She was already wearing her uniform and had her backpack all set and ready to go. 

"Hun, school doesn't start until later... there's no need to be up this early," you say sitting up while rubbing your eyes.

"But I want to get there early and study in the library for my science quiz today," she argues. 

"Akiko, it's only 6 am. Not even Dad has work yet..." you complain. She groans and rolls her eyes. 

Akiko was 10 years old and a very bright girl. In fact, she was at the top of all her classes and she even liked throwing a volleyball around every now and then. You guess, she was actually like the two of you combined, but the only difference was she was into science just like Kuroo and had all his features. You had her right after you and Kuroo got married which was also 10 years ago. You guys got married a few years after graduating from university. You wanted to wait a little longer but Kuroo wanted to get into it and start a family right away. Kuroo obviously got his way but you don't regret a single thing. 

"But Dad gets to go to work whenever he wants to... Come on, I don't think I'm prepared for this quiz..." she says starting to freak out. 

"That's my girl, always getting a head start..." Kuroo encourages. You nudge him under the blanket. "Ow!"

"Akiko, I promise we'll leave in an hour but just not right now... Your brother isn't even up yet," you say laying back down. 

"Fine, whatever. I'll be waiting at the dining room table while I study..." she says firmly. She walks away without closing the door. 

"God, she's just like you..." you scoff.

"Hey! I was never that uptight, if anything that's all you..." He was right. She was stubborn because of you. Her brains and her looks may be from Kuroo but her personality was all yours. Funny how traits work. 

As promised, you begin to get ready to leave at 7:30 am. You and Kuroo both shower and get ready to head to work. You always love the mornings when Kuroo's trying to tame his hair or struggling to put it tie on while you put your makeup on. 

"Don't forget they're coming over tonight..." you say leaning into the mirror to put on your mascara. 

"Oh, is that tonight? Fun! It's been a while since they've come over and it's been some time since the kids have seen them..." 

"Uncle Kenma is coming?!" 

"Awe, it was supposed to be a surprise..." you whisper to Kuroo. 

Kuroo turns around and kneels down to talk to Yuto. "You weren't supposed to hear that. Why are you here anyway? Shouldn't you be getting ready for school?"