Muffled

Sunday: 8:15 pm

Later throughout the day, the boys train like crazy, while the girls start to prepare the annual campfire that always happens on the last night of camp. Tonight was a bit colder than usual, so you thought it was perfect to bring out some blankets and pillows so everyone can keep warm. It was still pretty early for the campfire so you wander from gym to gym to see if anyone needed help.

You get to a gym where Bokuto, Kuroo, Kenma, Hinata, Akaashi, and two other boys from the Karasuno team, Tsukishima, and Yamaguchi, were practicing for fun.

"Hey, do you guys need any help with anything in here?" you ask.

"Oh yeah actually do you mind evening out the teams for us so it's 4v4?" Bokuto asks.

"Yeah sure, who am I with?" you ask.

"You'll be with Bokuto, Akaashi, and Yamaguchi," Kuroo says.

"Okay sounds good!" you say.

You get onto your side of the team and get the ball since your team is serving first. You can tell the tall skinny blonde, Tsuki? What his name, doubts that you cann even get it over the net, which only motivates you even more. You toss it in the air and give one of the best over hand serves you've ever done. It reaches to the other side and slams onto the ground perfectly hitting the corner. You smirk while eyeing the blondie, while everyone else is in shock by how powerful that was.

"Damn Y/N that was something! why have you never tried out for the girl's volleyball team?" Bokuto asks.

"I don't really know, I used to play when I was younger but I never got into it," you say with a big smile. You can tell that pissed Tsuki off.

"You don't like me, do you?" You ask Tsuki.

"You're just... annoying me for some reason," he says very bluntly.

You laugh it off like everyone else and continue to play. You got to know everyone really well including Hinata, Tsuki, and Yamaguchi. Aside from Tsuki, Hinata and Yamaguchi are such sweethearts, you really like them.

Sometime after, it's nearly time for the campfire. So you and the boys clean up, everyone goes to freshen up and shower, and change into comfy clothes.

You didn't bring a sweater so you really hoped the campfire would provide you enough warmth. But you were obviously wrong. Thankfully Kuroo comes to the rescue.

He comes into your room to see if you were heading down to the campfire, but notices you don't have a sweater, "here just take mine," he says while taking off his sweater and draping it over your shoulders.

"Oh no, it's okay you don't have to," you say feeling flustered.

"No it's cold, plus it looks good on you anyway," he says smiling.

As he walked away, you blush thinking about how on the bus ride, he mentioned how girlfriends should wear their boyfriend's clothes... but maybe you're just overthinking it... so you brush it off.

You both walk down to the campfire. You somehow managed to convince Kuroo to let you sit with the other managers instead of right beside him, but instead, he'll just sit in front of you across the fire. You sit next to Kiyoko and Yachi, while Bokuto, Kenma, Hinata, Kuroo, and the rest of Nekoma was across from you. You and everyone else are enjoying themselves, roasting marshmallows and making s'mores, while the coaches are inside drinking the night away. You notice someone walking closer to the campfire, you squint your eyes to see better. The dark figure approaches closer and as the figure steps closer into the light, you see that it's... Alisa.

She says hi to everyone and knowing your luck, she sits beside her brother who also happens to be sitting right beside Kuroo. 'She really had to squeeze in between Lev and Kuroo, she couldn't even like... I don't know... stay in her car?' you think pettily. 

You watch the scene in front of you as Alisa tries to get closer to Kuroo and starts to touch his arm and tries to cuddle. You try to push your anger aside, but the more you do, the more it turns into sadness and despair. You try to brush it off and enjoy the rest of the night, you decide to call it early and head back to your room. You get up and shuffle your way out. You try your best not to be noticed by people, but then Kuroo sees you. You walk faster, passing him by. But before you can get far you hear Alisa say "Brr it's kind of cold outside..." you stop in your tracks, look down to the floor trying not to tear up. You fix your posture, take off Kuroo's sweater, and give it to Alisa.

"Here, you seem cold," you say handing it to her.

"Oh, it's okay," Alisa says politely declining, and pushing it gently back to you.

"It's Kuroo's. So just wear it to keep warm," you say keeping a smile on your face.

"Oh okay! thank you," she says sweetly while putting the sweater on and then smiling at Kuroo.

Kuroo wasn't even looking at Alisa but instead looking at you sadly. You notice him, but you only glare at him and give a weak smile, telling him that you're tired and want to go to sleep. He offers to walk you there, but you decline to make it clear you just want to be alone. Usually, you never decline Kuroo like that and even if you did, he'd always demand to have it his way. But this time it was different. You gave him a look that was so broken, so hurt, it was heartbreaking for him. You hoped your smile would up for it, but Kuroo doesn't buy any of it. 

You start to walk back to your room and tears silently roll down your face. they sting. You finally get to your bed and start sobbing since you're alone and everyone can't hear you because they're having fun at the campfire. You sit there all alone, hugging your pillow, rocking back and forth to try and comfort yourself, but it barely helps. 'Why do I have to be to such a coward? why can't I just tell him how I feel...' you think to yourself. You lay down on your side, continuing to hug your pillow. You burry your face in the pillow to muffle your cries and yelps. At one point you cried until you fell asleep. It was the most peace you have had all night.

-End of Chapter 14-