BREADCRUMBS

Dimitri sat in the medical examiner's office listening intently to what the forensic anthropologist had to say. " I had to soak them in water and peroxide in order to clean them. I separated them and observed each bone as there was nothing left for me to study in regards to the flesh. As you can see victim A who I assume was Dante, was stabbed on his spinal cord, this action might have been the first in order to render him incapacitated. As you can see the herniated disk was broken which might have caused numbness then eventually paralysis."

" Could you please tell me in lay man's terms what a herniated disc is? I don't understand this medical terms."

" Discs often act as shock absorbers for the spinal cord. Without them the bones can rubbed against each other causing an immense amount of pain. The effect on this damage alone could only have caused paralysis but he could have lived. The cut in his throat severed the carotid artery which led to instant death which is basically what the coroner determined earlier. His death was done in rage. He was stabbed severally breaking most of his ribs in the process."

" Why wasn't all this in the initial report? So much was missed," Dimitri pointed out already dreading how he was going to pass the message to Tati. Though she had showed him that she was strong, this was going to destroy her in one way or another.

" I think the initial report focused on Cyril because he was the son of an ambassador. Plus the case was being rushed so that someone would be convicted, unfortunately the conviction never took place and some of these things never came to light.

" It's just sad that this young man's autopsy wasn't considered as much. He might have come from the poor side of the tracks, but he deserved justice too."

" Victim number two was a different case, he began as they moved towards the other table of bones. After a thorough analysis of his bones, I conclude that he was stabbed while sitting. He was however strangled first because his hyoid bone was fractured. The stabbing came afterwards.

His stab wounds were in a downward pattern on his bones. A clear indication that he was seated and the stabbing was done out of rage. The only thing I can point out is that both this victims might have known who there attacker was because they were very close to them. This was a two man job. From the report given by the Corona they died at the same time. But their death was very painful.

" Anything else you found maybe in their finger nails? He asked curiously.

"There was a degraded sample in victim two's stab wounds. I have send it for analysis. Will get back to you as soon as possible. I don't know about how you got this into your lap, but you ought to be careful. This case had so much publicity to it. Someone tried so much to hide what happened to this two. It definitely goes without saying that however was involved was a pro.

" We pulled the car from the impound lot and it didn't have anything usable. No DNA no prints, it was wiped clean even from the victims prints which could have been in the vehicle since it belonged to them. However, when something comes up, you will be the first to know.

" Keep me posted. I will be sending someone to keep an eye on you. No need denying because as you said this case received so much publicity. I can't risk having you killed before we find out what is really going on. Remember all this should be very private and all communications shouldn't leave a digital print. I will be sending my hacker later on in the day to wipe everything clean. We don't want anyone following us around and destroying this case before we even begin."

Dimitri shook hands with the forensic anthropologist before he left using the back door as he had come in. He was worried about how he was going to start the conversation with Tati. He knew that it was going to be a very long painful conversation. He pulled out his phone and gave her details of there meeting later that day. He checked his watch and realised he was late for a meeting with some new investors. Normally he would have given one of his men the assignment to meet with the anthropologist for the details but for some reason unbeknownst to him, he wanted to do everything by himself. In some sough of way, he wanted to please Tati and he didn't know why.