𝒄𝒂𝒍𝒎 𝒃𝒆𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒎

CALM BEFORE THE STORM—— ✩‧₊˚ ☾ SHADOW AND BONE FIC ☽ ˚₊‧✩ ——© -LAEVINIC

—— ‧₊˚ SHADOW AND BONE FIC ˚₊‧——
© -LAEVINIC. 2021

       THEY SAY HOME IS WHERE THE HEART IS

THEY SAY HOME IS WHERE THE HEART IS. But when your home is stolen from you, what do you have then? Your heart is ripped from your chest, leaving a gaping hole behind.

The heartless monsters being the ones to claw it out. Holding it in their waiting hands, their mouths drooling as they anticipate how it must taste. The sweet taste of life, so important to us, but so delicious to the predators. We are their prey. Running around like headless chickens.

Herded like sheep to the slaughter.

A terrible tragedy split Rosina from her home and her family. Watching the people she grew up around run for their lives, screaming, dying. Only death and destruction surrounding her. People she loved, corpses, waiting to be a monsters appetiser. Both her Mother and Father lost to the dark.

The only person she had left in the world was stuck in Ketterdam, swamped in debt and using alcohol as an abusive tool.

Hoping to be reunited with the brother she hadn't seen nor heard from in almost four years, she goes on her own adventure. Along the way, she will face the fury of the much-feared Shadow Summoner, on his obsessive quest for one Alina Starkov and his old flame; trying greatly to avoid the danger he posed. All while trying to forget a series of painful memories inflicted by the very man she feared.

A trip with a group of the unlikeliest of allies on the open sea was definitely not on her itinerary for this journey to a new life. Especially when one of them was the so-called "saviour" her mother had cheered for and praised the very day of her demise. And a handsome, witty privateer didn't seem to do her any favours either.