26

He arrived in the Piazza, Salviati was speaking from the window of the Palazzo della Signoria.
Beatrice had the knife in her hand.
Lucrezia saw her and ran to her, on the girl's face was Giuliano's blood.
"Beatrice..." Lucrezia laid a hand on Beatrice's shoulder.
"He's dead..."
"Who...who died, Lorenzo?"
"He died...Giuliano," she said before starting to cry.
Lucrezia brought a hand to her mouth and hugged the girl.
"I have to go...I have to find him."
"What are you going to do...they're going to kill you."
"I don't care"
"Stop wait" Lucrezia had tears in her eyes, the people then opened a doorway.
Jacopo Pazzi rode through on a white horse, Beatrice tried to approach but Lucrezia stopped her.
Pazzi looked at her with disgust.
"Almost four hundred years ago, my ancestor Pazzino de Pazzi, led the liberation of Jerusalem and now we will do the same for Florence."
Lucrezia was leaning against her husband, crying, Beatrice looked fixedly at Jacopo.
"The Priors, will never again be Lorenzo De'Medici's puppets and we will never again see the same old corrupt faction in power, now it is time for the people to take back their power, now it is time for freedom, death to the tyranny of the Medici, freedom, freedom for the people."
Beatrice turned and looked at Lucrezia.
"He is alive, Lorenzo is alive."
Lucrezia looked at the girl and smiled.
Francesco entered.
He began to shout his uncle's name.
Beatrice walked over to an alum wagon that was nearby.
She climbed on it.
"Feancesco Pazzi killed my husband Giuliano, why? Because he wanted peace? No, he wanted war, war between the Medici and the Pazzi, he wanted power, you will never have power, you will never destroy us, we will do justice."
"And how? Who will do it? You, Madonna Lucrezia and Madonna Clarice?"
Beatrice smiled.
Inside the Palace, I Cavalcanti attacked two of Montesecco's guards.
And they closed the doors of the Palace.
"Did you think you would win? The Pazzis will never have power over this city."
"Lorenze De Medici is dead, the tyrants are dead, how do you expect to do justice?"
A man shouted.
"If you say he is dead, then that is a ghost."
Everyone turned around, even Francesco.
The boy then looked at Beatrice.
"You killed Giuliano, but you did not complete the work...Fools!"
Beatrice got off the wagon and stood behind Lorenzo.
There was a stony silence.

"These...these men, they are evil, these men are murderers."
"Your dictatorship is over Doctors, the people have spoken, they will no longer be ruled by one family and their accomplices" shouted Jacopo.
"It will be the people who will rule" continued Francesco.
"They plotted to kill me, they plotted to kill me...and my brother in the Duomo, on a feast day, in the middle of mass, these are not crimes committed against my family, they are crimes against God" shouted Lorenzo
"My brother is ... my brother" Beatrice approached Lorenzo rested a hand on his shoulder, he was still crying.
The people were crying, Sandro was crying, Poliziano was crying, Lucrezia was crying too.
"My brother is dead."
"We have chosen to spare you, but we will not spare you again if you do not surrender...raise your spears."
"And batter down these doors...batter them down"
Montesecco's men pointed their weapons at Lorenzo, Beatrice stepped in front of him.
The people shouted for him to stop.
"You, you heard loosen the horses," Francesco said to the wagon owner.
"I am only a stonemason, I know nothing of politics, but since the Medici have been in government, my business is doing well and my son is eating."
"My business is doing well too," said Sandro.
"If it's really the people of Florence speaking...why are these soldiers outsiders" repeated the stonemason.
Someone in the shouted "long live Lorenzo De'Medici".
And everyone behind him began to repeat it, everyone cheering on the Magnificent.
"Long live Lorenzo de'Medici who gave us poetry" said Lucrezia.
"Long live Lorenzo De'Medici who gave us the strength to get through the tiring days by giving us help."
"Long live Lorenzo De'Medici who gave us art."
"Long live Lorenzo De'Medici, who loves Florence and the duo people infinitely" cried Beatrice.

"An army of the Pope will soon be at the gates of the city, if you oppose the will of God there will be a massacre"
Shouted Jacopo.
"You have already lost Medici, let's control the Priors" just as Fracesco finished his sentence the alarm bells of Florence began to ring.
"The city gates will be closed, we will repel your army".
Shouted Lorenzo.
The people began to shout at the Pazzi.
They began taking rocks and throwing them.
Lorenzo did not smile though.
Beatrice looked at him and hugged him.