12

3 September 1471
"I won! Father ... Father I beat Jacopo at chess!" Beatrice was jumping for joy, was not practiced in chess and had finally beaten her brother.
"Well done Beatrice, you've finally succeeded! I'm going for a horse ride, are you coming?"
"Sure!"
Beatrice followed her father and the horses were ready, climbed onto hers, and set off quickly towards the valley. She loved to ride a horse, feel the wind in her hair, she felt free, but then she returned to the village and her dream of flying free was destroyed as the square was full of people in the village.

Lorenzo gave his coat to a servant and stopped his mother who was talking to Giuliano, who then joined Sandro. "Has Clarice arrived?"
"It will be coming, is it true you have extended the loan to the Duke?"
"In exchange for new commercial routes"
"We need that money my son, the Pope will not wait forever"
"We will pay the mother Pope back! As soon as the Priors approve the new agreement"
"Many of the priors did not want a treaty at all and Jacopo Pazzi is just waiting for a reason to hinder you" "Yes, mother, I know," he said, giving her a caress and reaching his brother and Sandro.
Giuliano was sitting on a chair and drinking.
"Sandro ... I think you should have your own shop, that hole where you are staying is too small" said Lorenzo, observing the drawings of the Master "No ... I can't afford it"
"You don't ... but I" Giuliano, who was sweating his face, moved his eyes towards his brother.
"Are you joking?" Sandro asked
"Find a job ... and I'll pay!" The young man replied, holding out the goblet of wine to toast.

"With what money?" Giuliano replied laughing, he had sat down with his feet on the table while the two friends were talking.
"Lorenzo ... anything I can do to repay you"
"There would be something ... you should accept a commission for Marco Vespucci, I need his support among the priors" Sandro's eyes lit up, "okay" Giuliano smiled amused after the hasty reply of his dear friend.
"Why so gladly?" Lorenzo lowered his gaze and then raised it to his brother who spoke.
"Oh he hates Vespucci but he adores his wife"
"All my life I have tried to capture a small piece of God's beauty and I have failed ... I have failed over and over again, I have failed, so many times that I have almost given up, until I saw Simonetta Vespucci *Giuliano looked at the approval boy* she is without doubt the most beautiful creature I have ever seen and that's when I felt in my heart that I can, if I can portray her" the three began to laugh.
"You are able to understand the value of a dream, Sandro, you will never have to give up on this" continued Lorenzo.
Sandro took the glass and toasted, thanking the boy

Beatrice was with Agnese in the square and saw Lorenzo talking to Francesco and Jacopo Pazzi
"It's nothing personal" said Jacopo, drawing Lorenzo's attention.
"Because you are against everything that helps the common man"
"You weaken the Republic, give power to the plebs, I cannot tolerate it" "Francesco doesn't have to be like this the world, we can change it"
"The world is the way it is for a good reason"
"As long as Florentine families go to war, the world will never be as beautiful as it could be" Lorenzo turned and continued on his way.

"So Beatrice, when will you get married?" Agnes asked.
"I was promised to a man who hurts the people and Giuliano De'Medici made me escape and convinced my father not to let me marry that man" "A hero!"
"I'm in love with him Agnese, when I see him I feel something that I don't feel with other people, it's something I can't explain"
"Love is a great privilege" Agnese concluded because screams attracted the two women.
A man pushed a woman and threw her to the ground.
"What's happening?"
"Beatrice where are you going?" Agnes tried to stop the young girl, but she ran to stop the man.
"But what are you doing? Leave her" "Go mind your own business Madonna"
"I will not allow you to treat this woman like this" Lorenzo arrived at that moment.
"Beatrice! Be well"
"I do, but that man hurt this girl" "Beatrice come, let's go" Beatrice didn't understand why Lorenzo didn't do anything.
Beatrice made the girl stand up. "Come" said the young Ridolfi.
"Is he your husband?"
"No Madonna, I'm a servant, that was my master"
"Do you have where to stay?"
"No"
"Come with me, I will give you shelter" Lorenzo looked at Borromeo and then Beatrice.
"Lorenzo I couldn't leave her here" "My mother said your cousin is on her way"
"I am happy that you are marrying Clarice, she is a good girl, take care of her Lorenzo now I have to go, say hello to Giuliano"
"I will do it!"

Sandro arrived in front of Palazzo Vespucci and entered

He observed the large paintings scattered around the room, until the sound of Simonetta's heels brought him back to reality.
"They're beautiful right" Sandro said, whirling around.
"I might as well watch them all day" He then continued.
"Madonna Simonetta is a great pleasure ... I was looking for your husband"
"Why?"
"Lorenzo De'Medici offers you my services and he hoped ... I hoped to include you in a painting" the girl smiled wryly.
"No!"
"May I ask why?...Some men like to keep beautiful things in cages and on display for others" said the joyful approaching a bird cage.
"Come! I'll show you" he said then. The girl came up "when I paint them I do it to free them"
"His wings have been cut off ... nobody keeps me in a cage ... Sandro ... my husband is busy today, if you want you can come back tomorrow and he will receive you or maybe not"
"I will come here every day Madonna and I will beg you to paint yourselves, to free yourselves and if not from a cage then it will be from the offenses of time" the woman turned and walked towards another room.
"I will make you immortal!" Sandro exclaimed.
And a smile appeared on Simonetta's face, but the teacher could not see it.