Today was the last day of his press tour, tomorrow he'd be heading home to Harvey. Finally.

With a content sigh, he walks out onto the lavish balcony, taking a seat on the white patio chair by the railing. Then he grabs his phone out of his back pocket, opening up Twitter.

@kxlsykay: @JeffBlakeOfficial really tried to be gay for one minute then jumped into bed with the first girl he saw

@maximax: in reply to @kxlsykay and @JeffBlakeOfficial he really said 'straight pride'.

@kxlsykay: in reply to @maximax and @JeffBlakeOfficial #gayforpay

Jefferson frowns deeply, his light-coloured eyebrows almost melding together. Then he swipes away from the thread, to his feed.

He presses the 'create tweet' button, then starts to type, fingers moving like lightning as he goes. When he's finished, he nods, sending the tweet without a second thought.

@JeffBlakeOfficial: One more sleep until I can kiss you! @HarveytheCheeseKing

The reply is almost instant, causing Jefferson to smile fondly as he opens the notification.

@HarveytheCheeseKing: in reply to @JeffBlakeOfficial counting the hours <3 x

Jeff's entire body heats up, his heart feeling like it's going to burst. It's been over a month since he last held Harvey's hand, and his withdrawls started on the second day. All he wants is to sit with him, watching a romantic comedy, and pretend the world doesn't exist.

"Stop posting PDA on social media, you make me wanna throw up!" Maya announces as she steps onto the balcony. Her long black hair tied into a pretty French braid with a few loose strands framing her slender face.

"Says the girl who can't go one day without calling her new boyfriend!" Jeff teases.

"Hey, I'm still in the honeymoon phase, what's your excuse!"

"Hmm..." The redhead pretends to think about it, "My boyfriend is adorable?"

"I'll allow it." Maya concedes with a grin.

"So," Jeff begins, grabbing his water bottle, "How are things going with your lover boy anyway?"

"Good." Maya's face turns uncharacteristically soft, and she smiles brightly, "He's been complaining that his binder is too small. Which is weird because I'm sure most stationary stores sell huge binders, so I don't know why it's such a big issue."

Jeff stares at her blankly, not entirely sure how to proceed. He's kind of stunned that his friend couldn't put two and two together, but who is he to judge; he's had his fair share of brainless moments. He decides rather quickly that this isn't a conversation for him to have with her.

"Oh... Well, I'm sure he'll sort it out soon." He smiles reassuringly, hoping the topic will change to something he has a little more knowledge on.

"So, you wanna tell me why your twitter has become a Harvey King fan page?" Maya, thankfully, switches gears, but it isn't any less uncomfortable.

"What are you talking about?" Jeff feigns ignorance, "I haven't been posting any more about Harvey than usual."

"Yeah and I'm a little white girl named Amy." Maya rolls her eyes, "Don't bullshit me. Something's going on with you. Spill it."

Jeff frowns, looking out at the view of the city as he gets lost in thought. He notices a young boy on the street. He's wearing an adorable little suit and tie, following a couple who must be his parents, who are also dressed to the nines. His mother turns, and sighs, crouching down in front of him to fiddle at his neck. Jeff guesses it's the tie, because he can hear her telling him that everyone wants him to dress smart. The little boy whines, saying that if he doesn't want to do it, he shouldn't have to, even if everyone wants him to.

Jeff's shoulders sag as he looks over at his best friend, who's waiting patiently for his answer.

"I guess..." He begins, "Do you ever feel like you have to lose some parts of yourself in order to fit the box people put you in?"

"Jeff, you're talking to an Asian-American woman who went to a private-school in California. Of course, I have." She responds plainly, then her demeanour turns caring, "Is that the problem? Are you feeling pressured?"

"I don't know... I guess. I just can't explain it." Jeff sighs, exasperated, "I can't help but feel-"

"Is anyone out there?" Comes a voice from inside the hotel room.

"Out here!" Jeff calls back, recognising who it is, "Hey Dani."

"Hey Jeff, Maya," Danielle says as she walks out onto the balcony, "Mind if I join you guys?"

"Of course not." Jeff smiles, but it doesn't meet his eyes, he's still mentally somewhere else.

"Maya, while you're here, I wanna apologise for my stupid comment the other day." Dani says to the other woman, "I already cleared it up with Jeff, but I feel so bad for the headache it must have caused you and Rob!"

Maya smiles politely at her, "It's okay, Jeff told me already. We all say dumb things in the heat of the moment."

"Phew." The blonde says, "I was so worried you'd hate me."

"Of course not," Maya shakes her head, then goes to stand, "Here, take my chair, I'm heading out now to pack."

"Oh, okay, thank you!" Dani grins.

Jeff raises a hand and smiles at his best friend as she departs. Then his sharp blue eyes return to his costar, who's sat opposite him, but staring down onto the street like he had been moments before.

"Oh look! He's adorable!" Dani exclaims giddily.

Following her eyes, Jeff realises the little boy is still outside on the street, waiting with his hand clasping his mothers while she talks to his father.

Jeff smiles and hums in agreement.

Dani sighs happily, then turns to look at her friend, "What's got you down?"

"How can you tell I'm down?" He raises an eyebrow, amused.

"I've spent the better part of two years working with you, Jeff. Being able to read you just comes with the territory." Dani tells him with a soft laugh.

Jefferson huffs with a light smile, then shakes his head with a shrug, "I dunno." He says, then frowns, "I'm just feeling a little... lost, I guess."

"How so? In what ways?" The blonde pouts, a concern expression creeping into her features.

Jeff sighs, rolling his neck ever so slightly, then looks at her with a raised eyebrow, "Where do I begin?..."

A/N: No Harverson interaction again today. But don't worry it's coming next chapter!

I'm really sorry that don't have them interact as much in this story, I'm trying to convey their inner struggles a separately, because as much as this is a romance book, I don't want it to be all fluff with no personal growth. Although I can definitely show personal growth while still having them interact, but the nature of the issues between Harvey and Jeff require them to go through some stuff on their own... idk if that makes sense, but please bear with me!!