ρɾσʅσɠυҽ

— ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴜɴɪᴠᴇʀꜱᴇ ᴛʀᴀᴠᴇʟ —

↫✾↬

The chirping of birds is supposed to be relaxing, is it not? It's supposed to make you happy as you stroll around the green park and lift your hand for the butterfly to poise. It's supposed to symbolize great days but at that moment India Mikaelson just wanted to strangle those chirping birds.

India was hunched over a desk in one of the top floor classrooms of the Hecate School of the Supernatural trying to get her brain to work as she attempted to write her essay. But the damned birds (or at least the focus of India's anger) would not shut up and a headache was starting to form. For the last half an hour she had been trying hard and pulling at every string in her brain for another sentence to add to her already existing ones.

The essay on Origin of Vampires was supposed to be at least over a thousand words and she could not pass the thirty-word mark. Maybe it was because she didn't care or because she loathed school, but she knew the main reason was that she already knew. She had started learning about the Origin of Vampires since birth — she was part of said history, for the Gods' sake. Since she was little that stories were told about her family, how vampires were created by her grandma and her mother being reborn and how she met everyone. She would laugh at those stories since they were completely exaggerated and biased. However, now that she actually had to write it down (professionally) she couldn't write more than a couple of lines.

And she couldn't for the love of Hades figure out why. Why did she need to go to a school where she wouldn't learn anything new? Well, apart from the usual subjects like maths and science, of course. But, why did she have to go to school at all? She could have everything in the world and yet here she was hunched over a paper — because her computer decided to run out of battery — pen in hand and urging herself not to commit animal murder.

The door of the classroom opening was what made India look up and see the two figures coming in. Hope Mikaelson and Scarlett Salvatore, her cousins and only friends if you want to stretch it a bit further. Being the daughter of a Goddess and having everything in her reach, India had gained an ego bigger than the world — along with her brother, but that's another story — she knew she was beautiful, she knew she was powerful and clever — even if her grades didn't reflect that — and that pissed off most people. They didn't even try to approach her as they deemed her 'arrogant,' when in fact India was just overconfident. She was nice and polite, her mother raised her well — she wasn't overly spoiled (Ellie, her mother, would kill her if she turned out a brat), but she was also raised under the mindset of two cocky supernatural beings — but that was to be expected from Ellie and Kol Mikaelson. So, even if she was raised right and had limits growing up, ego and overconfidence were implied.

Hope and Scarlett approached her with amused smiles and India smiled back at them but then scowled and groaned loudly, letting her head fall on the table. The two girls laughed and approached the table.