Chapter 16 - Confidence

Start from the beginning

Victoria's shower was brief, but she made sure to scrub thoroughly. Once she was done she picked out a black bra and a matching pair of seamless panties. She went to her dresser to grab a pair of black spandex safety shorts. And saw her stash of Goodnites. She thought about wearing them once again before reminding herself that she didn't need them, especially tonight.

She took her time doing her makeup. She never liked putting on too much just enough to accentuate the features she liked about herself. However, the late nights and inconsistent schedule has not done wonders for her skin so she opted for some foundation and concealer as well.

After she was done her face. She lifted her dress and made sure that no pantylines could be seen through her safety shorts. She let her dress down and continued her inspection of herself. The top button of her dress were undone, just enough to allow a peek at her collarbones and gold necklace with an engraved bar. Her a-cup chest made the dress a loose fit around her chest, but that was how she preferred it. The dress tightened at her waist right before flaring out, accentuating her figure. She performed a light spin, causing the knee length skirt to twirl after her. Once she felt her outfit was satisfactory, she finished her outfit with the the black faux leather jacket.

"Hubba hubba, can I take you out instead?"

Steph was at the door using her hands to make gestures of her eyes popping out.

"I wish... At least I know what to expect." Victoria seemed a little anxious. "Steph, I'm nervous. What if I mess this up? I really like Rick, but I don't know that much about him." She began brushing her hair.

"That's what a date is for silly." Steph said with a chuckle. "Besides, he's done nothing to prove he isn't worthy of my trust, or Jason's... How about yours?"

"Well, no..." Victoria was seated in front of her desk figuring out how she wanted to do her hair. She kept moving her hair between a low and mid ponytail "but he saw what happened." She dropped her hair and let it fall back down on her shoulders, unsatisfied with the plainness of the ponytails, almost opting with just letting her hair down.

"And he still wanted to ask you out." Steph said reassuringly. She moved behind Vic and gave her a quick hug. "I think he genuinely likes you. And hey, if it doesn't work out, that's okay, it happens. But you both clearly like each other, and i think it's worth trying. So just try and enjoy the night."

"May I?" Steph asked holding up a can of dry shampoo.

"Mhmm" Victoria replied.

Using her fingers and hands, she lightly sprayed dry shampoo on the roots of her hair. Then pulled it up into a high ponytail before pulling out several strands to the front of her face. as the finishing touch, she added volume to the ponytail by using a combination of the spray and fingers to give it a messy look. After a few minutes, she was done. "And Voila!" Steph declared. Victoria saw her reflection and loved what she saw.

While looking at herself, Victoria  realized she was still missing something. Opening her jewelry box she grabbed two gold colored earrings, one was a spoon and one fork. 

Feeling overjoyed with her outfit she stood up. She then felt a pat on her bum. "Just checking~" Steph giggled "Glad you're feeling brave." She said with her hands on  Victoria's shoulder. 

The two heard a knocking on the door and realized Rick was at their door. 

"Remember Vicky, you got this. Just be you, and enjoy the night okay?" 

Victoria nodded and opened the door to see Rick standing there in khakis, a white tee and a dark denim button up shirt. On top of it all he had a beige mock neck sweater which was unzipped. His hair was freshly cut, and styled into a quiff as many other guys tend to style their hair these days. 

Rick was stunned when he saw Victoria. "H- Hey. You look great." 

"Thanks." She said brushing her loose strand behind her ear. "No flowers?"

"Uh.. crap, I wasn't sure if that would've been too much for a first date-" Rick was stammering looking embarrassed. 

"It would've. I'm just messing with you" Victoria laughed. "You look fancy yourself."

Rick chuckled quite hard at her joke, but it seemed to release whatever nervousness he had. "Thanks."

Shall we go?" 

"Yeah, let's"

The two walked off towards the elevator as Steph stood watching from the doorway. 

"They grow up so fast don't they?" It was Jason, faking tears. 

Steph looked at him and started playing along. "Yeah, they really do."