Chapter Four: Testing

"It is time to wake up." All Might could be heard. "It is time to wake up." The voice called out again. Midoriya stirred and slapped a button on the alarm clock next to him. He sat up and rubbed his eyes. He showered again, got dressed, grabbed his bag, and headed into the kitchen. There he found the others eating already. He silently grabbed a bowl, made some cereal, and quickly ate and finished before the others.Kirishima spoke up in surprise, "Woah, Midoribro, you inhaled that.""Yeah, you're like a vacuum." Mina added."Well, when you need to go out and save others all day, you need to eat fast so you can focus on saving others, I suppose," Midoriya responded, wiping his mouth sheepishly."Yes, but you can also get an upset tummy if you eat too fast," Uraraka argued.Midoriya shrugged, "It never bothered me before." The rest quickly finished eating, and they all walked to class.

As it turned out, they were all pretty early as no one else was there."I wonder who our other classmates will be." Tsuyu wondered aloud. On that note, a blue hair teen walked in. Surprise was written all over this face. He hadn't expected others to be in class so early but seemed overjoyed about it now.They all recognized him as the one who interrupted Present Mic. "Greetings!" He waved his arms around stiffly. Shoji leaned toward Tokoyami and whispered, "So, you think he's a robot?"Tokoyami snickered, "I doubt it. His aura oozes prestige. I think he went to a rich school."Uraraka, ever the friendly one, approached the new boy. "Hi. My name's Ochaco Uraraka." She held her hand out."Greetings Uraraka," He bowed, "I am Tenya Iida." She pulled her hand back. More people began entering.

Iida examined the rest of the room and noticed Midoriya. He approached and began bowing to Midoriya. "I'm sincerely sorry about my previous behavior towards you. You clearly realized there was something more to the practical exam. You are very observant, and I completely misjudged you. You are a far superior student. I-.""Iida, it's fine." Midoriya cut him off, "You don't need to hold me on a pedestal or praise me. Honestly, I was petrified, but my body moved before my mind could think about what I was doing." He shrugged. Iida bowed and then turned to a new student who entered, whose hair was as explosive as his powers. Katsuki Bakugo had sat down and relaxed his feet on the desk. Iida had noticed this."Huh?"

Midoriya felt an overpowering aura. Primal dread overcame him, and he turned to the source; a yellow sleeping bag was worming across the floor. It then stood up."Students. I am Shoto Aisawa, your homeroom teacher." A tired voice called out. Not very loud, but it commanded attention. At the front of the class, behind a pedestal, stood a dark-haired man. Sunken eyes, as red as the sun, gazed towards all of them. "It took 8 seconds for you all to shut up. Sit." They all sat in their assigned seats. "Today, we will be doing as I say. First, grab a P.E. uniform, change, and be outside in 6 minutes."Midoriya glanced around. Not many others could feel it, but Midoriya was one of the few who could feel fear from this new figure. Tsuyu and Tokoyami seemed to also notice his overpowering aura. They all got up and changed. Quickly.

Midoriya was first out, followed by his two animal acquaintances. Their teacher stood in front of a vast field, holding a stopwatch and tablet. The teacher smiled subtly at how fast the first three were out. The rest of the class came out barely missing the 6-minute mark. "Congrats, you passed, for now." He called out. A few looked at each other worriedly. "One of the best things about U.A. is that the Principal allows teachers to have almost complete control of their class, including effective immediate expulsions. We will be doing a quirk assessment test to see how well you fair using yours."
"But what about Orientation?" Ochaco asked.
"Like I said, I can run class how I want. Katsuki Bakugo, you were the highest scorer on the practical. What's the farthest you can throw a ball?"
Bakugo huffed, "87 meters."
"Try with your quirk." He held out a ball.

Bakugo walked to the ring and grabbed the ball. He took in a big breath of air, pulled his arm back, then threw with everything he had, "DIE." He yelled with all his Might. The ball flew into the distance, far from the view of the remainder of the class. The teacher held up his tablet for the rest of them to see. It read 705.2 Meters. The rest were blown away, to say the least.
"We'll be going through a fairly normal P.E. examination, but remember, you have neigh free reign of your quirks. This is a test, and the last person will be expelled."
"Well, at least we can use our quirks. This'll be fun." A Mina spoke up. Big mistake.

Aisawa looked at her, eyes squinted, "Fun? Being a hero is not fun. It's about saving people, usually from the worst of situations. This is not sunshine and rainbows, nor should you ever think so." The girl shrunk away, embarrassed. With that, they began. First, with the fifty-meter sprint. Midoriya thought, "I should try and be careful, I can use my quirk at 30%, but if I go any further, I might accidentally overuse it and recreate what happened at the practical."

Midoriya was up, and he was against Bakugo, who had finally noticed him.
Bakugo sneered at the starting line, "So how did a useless quirkless Deku like you get into U.A.?"
"Ready?" A robotic voice called out.
Midoriya smiled slightly, "Actually, Kacchan, I'm not quirkless."
"Start!"Bakugo was so stunned he took a full second to even begin. Midoriya passed the end line, glowing slightly from his quirk.
"3.66 seconds."Midoriya didn't pay attention to the other boys' time. He just went on to the next course.

Grip strength, 103 kilograms. Then they went back outside. Midoriya caught a familiar scent. He looked to the left and saw All Might, hiding behind a corner. When no one was paying great attention, he waved. All Might looked slightly shocked to have been spotted but waved back nonetheless. "Must be here to spy on us," Midoriya whispered to himself.

Next was the side step, the long jump, the mile run, and the ball throw. Midoriya had been doing reasonably well on all the others, but this. Something came over him, and he felt the need to be cocky and throw sand in Kacchans eyes.

He thought to himself for a second. It was his turn, and he went to the circle and prepared. He wasn't going to break his whole arm, just his finger. As the ball leaves his finger, he'll go all out. He pulled back. Maybe he should throw some wolf in this. His arm hair grew a little. Not that the others could tell in his long sleeve shirt variant. Then he threw with a grunt and nothing. His quirk wasn't active. The ball went far, but it should have gone farther.

He looked at himself and then around inquisitively. "Plan on breaking your body again, Midoriya?" Aisawa asked. Midoriya looked at his teacher, whose hair was floating, and grabbed his scarf, revealing goggles underneath.
"Of course, you're Erasure Head. That explains the tired look," Midoriya stated. He only got an angry stare in return. "Oh no, sir." His stutter started again, "I wasn't planning on hurting myself with my quirk."
"Good, because if your body breaks every time you use it, I will expel you."
Midoriya could feel how serious it was.
"If you plan on relying on being a glass canon, that won't work here."
Midoriya bowed, "No, Sensei."
"Good," Aisawa released his quirk, and the class relaxed. "Go."
Midoriya pulled back. He knew he shouldn't, and so he didn't. He focused 30%. But as he wound up, his body lost control. It went straight to 100 percent, and his fingernails became claws. His arm was no longer under his control, and he threw. The ball left his palm, and the force broke his finger.

Aisawa looked slightly more disappointed. He didn't seem to notice his transformation, or at least didn't show it, and turned the screen. 1832.6 Meters. "See me after class." Aisawa looked at the teen, insanely annoyed. "Everyone, get changed."
Midoriya was horrified, to say the least. Once more, he was first back to class. Everyone else eventually returned and was seated.

"For now, that's all I have for today. Expect to work hard tomorrow."
Midoriya did as he was told. After everyone left, he went to the podium.
"I understand you did not break your body, but you twisted my words. It was also obvious that you were trying to show off. For the sake of your future as a hero, do neither again, and you will be the better for it." Aisawa finished his speech and curled into his sleeping bag.

To say Midoriya was relieved would be an understatement. All his hairs were on end. He had been fighting his flight response. This man, this being, was clearly not one to be reckoned with. And annoy him anymore, he shan't. Midoriya gathered his stuff and left as silent as a door mouse to not wake the bear. On the other side of the door stood a frightened Tokoyami and Asui. Next to them were a worried Uraraka and Kirishima. "You good Midoribro?"
"Yeah, he just warned me not to twist his words again."The group moved on and went to their next class.