4. apparently time has passed

Start from the beginning

 It was strange to be back in that town, you know, after so long. It was strange that things were exactly the same, the pleasant weather was the same, the movement of cars was exactly the same. The only thing that was different was her.

 Making friends in college may seem difficult, but Angeline's charisma won over her roommate.

 Milena was Brazilian, had recently moved to San Francisco, and was studying marine biology. The two had arrived at the college on the same day, which made their friendship easier.

-I'm going to Kyle's party, do you want to go?

-You didn't go to a party like... yesterday? -Angel asks, taking her eyes off the book and focusing on the girl.

-The thing I do most is go to a party, love. Please go, I don't want to be alone.

-That's good. -She laughs and gets up. -Wait five minutes, I need to look presentable.

 Angeline chose a tight black dress and a boot with heels in the same color as the dress.

 She didn't go to parties very dressed up, because she didn't go to many. But she also didn't need to show up in sweatpants and a pajama top.

 College parties are a little different from school parties, and a little different from French parties, so Angel was startled when he saw a large amount of young people drinking, dancing on the table and the like.

-I'm going over there to talk to Kyle, will you be okay there?

-Yes, of course. -Angeline nods her head and goes to the bar to get something.

 With the glass in her hand, she leans against a wall and listens to the music (which she didn't know), not realizing that someone had arrived at her side.

-Hi. -An unfamiliar voice speaks.

-Hi. -Angeline looks a bit startled, and sees that it's a boy who studies with her. She had seen him a few times before but never paid enough attention.

-Are you new? Like, I've seen you in college, but never at a party.

-I am, actually I just arrived last month.

 The two stood in awkward silence until Milena and Kyle arrived.

-Brother, stop trying the new girl's patience.

-What is it Kyle? I'm not doing anything.

-Wait, are you guys brothers? -Milena asks incredulously.

-We're kind of alike, haven't you noticed? -Kyle laughs.

-Never. -Milena laughs too.

-Alex, we're going to Golden's game, want to go?

-Of course, we don't have class tomorrow anyway.