🔥Prologue + CS

Story starts after Sherlyn and Mahira push Mahesh from the stairs and all the blame goes on Preeta. As usual, Karan and the rest of the family didn't believe her except for Rishabh and Sameer. Then, there is the hospital drama etc and Preeta left from there.

On the road

Preeta was walking aimlessly, her face void of any emotions. Taking a closer look, we could see the stains of dry tears and her red and puffy eyes. Once again, she lost. The truth lost against the lies. The goodness lost against the evilness.

Why her? Why always her? Why was god punishing her like that? Was she really bad? Was she really a bad omen? Was she really unworthy? Untrustworthy? Dorkebaaz? Well, she failed her father-like figure. She couldn't protect him as she had sworn to do. Maybe, that was the reason God was punishing harshly.

Just when everything was getting alright, destiny played a prank on them. It was like 'no there is too much of happiness let's give them sadness' and boom it succeeds. But in the process, the innocents are the one who get hurt. But in her case, the middle-class.

For once, she cursed her fate; why did she had to be born in a middle-class family? For them, their self-respect is the one that matters the most but she even lost that. Her self-respect, courage, love, attitude, she lost all of them only because of a rich family.

Luthra! Luthra family! One of the most respectful and powerful high-class family. But also one of the most disgusting family which no-one knows except for her family. They were the only one who know their real face. They were manipulative and plainly evil. Not all of them but some but today they showed their real face.

Her Rakhi Aunty, whom she loves the most, stared at her in accusation and disgust. She could handle Kareena's insults, Karan's death glare and bitter words but she could not handle Rakhi's silent; her eyes which shows anger, disgust, shame towards her. She believed that she was responsible for her husband's condition. She trusted Sherlyn and Mahira over her.

Preeta smiled bitterly, remembering all the good and bad memories. Why did she meet the Luthra? A family who gave her a lot of love but now? Just pain, insults and tears. A family she considered as her own but they never considered her as theirs.

Preeta stopped in front of a bridge. It was already late at night. She stared at the water below; it seemed so inviting. Preeta sat on the railings, gripping it hard. She closed her eyes but the person she didn't want to see ever came in front of her.

Karan, no, The Karan Luthra, a famous cricketer. A monster. The root of her miseries. Her ex best-friend as he said. The boy she feels strongly for. The boy that, once upon a time, could not bear her tears but now is the reason behind them. Her husband, huh husband her foot. What kind of husband left his wife alone on the road the night of their wedding? He married her by betrayal and when the truth is revealed, he promised her, in-front of her whole family, to always keep her happy, proclaimed his love for her, did a lot of promises which were revealed to be false. He married her for revenge; he wanted to destroy her and he did. She was always with him; she trusted and supported him when he was accused of molestation. She even went against her mother for him but what did she get in return? A tag of gold-digger, a bitch, a disgusting person.

Preeta wept loudly. She was tired of all of this. It wasn't the first time she had suicidal thoughts; when Karan blamed her for the first time for Rishlyn marriage, when he broke their friendship, she was so devastated that she was going to cut her wrists but stopped. She couldn't do that to her family. When she got to know that, behind the sehra, was Karan she was very happy but when she got to know the true reason, she broke again. It's a miracle nothing happened to her that night; she got home safe and sound but broken. She kept on making the same mistake repeatedly and she kept on getting hurt. But now, enough is enough!