-22-

:: "You can't save people," ::

Sana walks on the greenway behind the academic building, swaying her hand that's holding by Dahyun tightly. The two smile on the serene street, the sight of leaves gyrated slowly to the ground, a sign that fall is near, not realizing that summer has already halfway passed. 

"Love?" Dahyun softly calls and Sana hummed in response, smiling at the sight of a piece of leaf spinning in the air before landing on the ground, like a ballerina. "Why don't we invite Mina and Chaeyoung to join dinner with us tomorrow night?" Sana heard her but didn't halt instead, she kept walking in order to show less obvious of her nervousness. 

"Hon, did you forget that I and Mina are still in a bad state?" Sana giggles, hiding the truth, and rolls her eyes playfully to not make the pale girl suspicious. Dahyun sighed and pursed her lips. The girl hasn't met her cub friend for a week straight, and she's dying to see the cub tell her the sweet things Sana and she did during their anniversary. However, she did aware that Sana has been dragging her away in panic whenever their path collides with Mina. 

At first, she thought it was because of the not-so-well situation they are currently in, but when the latter is dragging away her from Jihyo and Chaeyoung as well, she knows something is wrong, though she chose to trust her girl. Dahyun believes Sana wouldn't just lie for nothing, there must be difficulties the girl is facing, but she can't help to feel down somehow, because Dahyun was told when one lies in a relationship, it means the person does not trust you enough.  

"Right, totally forgot." Dahyun forced a smile and hides away her gloomy thoughts, "I just miss Chaeyoung a lot, we haven't been talking for the past days." She said, looking down and kicks the pile of leaves, causing them to scatter. Sana felt the sadness coming from her girl, she's sorry for causing the two best friends to have to separate a while due to her. 

"I'm sorry Dahyunie, it's just... Chaeyoung is spending her time mostly with Mina and I'm afraid of running into her. You know, we had a big fight before she decides to accept our relationship." Sana felt a lump in her throat as she's holding back herself from bursting her tears out. Lie after lies, and Dahyun believes them all, that's what makes Sana feel even more guilty. 

Dahyun nods her head in understanding and flashed a soft smile while she halted and turned Sana to her, the next thing she did made Sana startled. The pale girl embraced her without saying a word, she embraced her tightly while rubbing her back in slow motion, tenderly. "Shh, it's fine love, you don't need to be sorry, I understand." Dahyun cooed, Sana managed to bury her face in the crook of the pale girl's neck without bending down due to the subtle height difference between them. She inhales the baby scent of her girlfriend's when she gulps again, the guiltiness eating her bit by bit. 

"I don't deserve you," Sana murmured in a whisper when a tear escaped, slowly sliding down from her cheek and reaches the end of her chin, dripping down onto Dahyun's neck, making the girl pushes her and cups her face. Dahyun didn't catch Sana's line ahead but only muffle sounds since she was murmuring on her neck. Her eyes flash the sign of worry when she saw the trace of tear stain that left on her cheek. "I'm sorry Dahyun," Sana said again as one more tear left the corner of her eye, "I'm so sorry." Finally, the girl breaks down in front of her lover. Dahyun is covered with confusion seeing Sana like this, it's a first. 

"Baby? Hey, hey shh. Why are you saying sorry hmm? You did nothing wrong." Dahyun kneeled her knees down in front of Sana who crouched on the ground, crying silently with muffling sounds as she covers her face in guilt and all.