The Overview

Where we left off...

Cheryl's in for a loop and it's only good for her to get out of it before she gets stuck. Will she, though?

continued...

It's the next day and Cheryl's about to go over all the notes and clues she's collected over the past day or so. She looked at the dirt sample and it looked, from the report, to be fresh dirt, so whoever kidnapped Toni had to know them and decided to do it coming through the backyard. The clip's had Emily's fingerprints on them.

With her notes, she got down that Toni was a Serpent and the only real enemies she could've had were Ghoulies who couldn't put their differences aside and their past behind them. She also got a tip from Nathan that it could possibly be Toni's ex, Emily, so she's going to try and get her some action and evidence from that tip.

The only thing left to judge was her consciousness. Was Toni in extreme danger as Nathan and Jughead made it seem, or was is a case of not wanting to share? She wouldn't be able to know unless she uncovered the truth.

She was looking over the clues when F.P. caught her attention.

"Aye, Red, you're going home today." F.P. said as a statement and order.

"Why? I have this case, I can't just stop," Cheryl said looking at the older man.

"See what you just did? You worry about work too much. You're a good detective, you don't have to worry about not finding her. Go home," F.P. said while walking to his office. "That's an order, Blossom," F.P. said before his door closed.

Cheryl groaned and put her things up. She grabbed her coat and phone and made her way out the department. She walked to her red Range Rover and made her way home. On the way, she stopped to get some coffee and breakfast since she hasn't eaten in over 12 hours. She arrived at her house and ate before she took a shower and laid in bed.

If being honest, this was the only missing's she ever totally stressed herself over. She knew people that knew Toni and she felt some connection to her; one that made her question this girl's full existence. She was wrapped in her thoughts when she heard her phone ring. She looked to see it was from her mom and she answered.

"Hey, mom. Everything okay?"

"Yeah. Are you okay?"

"Yeah. Work as always."

"You stress yourself out over that to much."

"Says everyone. Mom, work is my life-"

"Well, you need to change that. Get a girlfriend or something. Or even a dog. You hold yourself in the house too much. Did you even eat today?"

"Yes, mom. I ate today."

"And when did you eat before that?"

"Why do you do this?"

"Because I need to know my daughter's okay and healthy. That's why."

"Mom, I'm going to be fine. You don't have to worry."

"Cheryl, I do have to worry. You're my child and your health and safety is my topmost priority."

"I understand, and I love you for it, but you worry about me more than anyone else. It's weird."

"And you think that because of your dumbass father. I hate that bitch."

"Language, mom."

"I'm a grown woman talking to her child about her bastard father. I have the right, Cheryl."